Question about 1999 Ford Expedition
The alarm system operating sequences are designed to be passive;
therefore, the system can be armed or disarmed when following normal
vehicle entrance and exit procedures. The following is a detailed
description of the system operation:
The system will be armed when one of the following input sequences is followed:
- Turn ignition switch OFF.
- Open a front door. Alarm indicator lamp flashes.
- Lock the front doors with power door lock switches. Alarm indicator lamp on steady.
- Close both front doors.
- Wait approximately 30 seconds for alarm indicator lamp to go out. This indicates system is armed.
The system can be armed by the keyless entry remote transmitter by following this input sequence:
- Turn ignition switch OFF.
- Close both front doors. Alarm indicator lamp is off.
- Press the LOCK button on the keyless entry remote transmitter.
- Wait approximately 30 seconds for the alarm indicator lamp to turn off. - This indicates the system is armed.
- Disarming an Untriggered System
NOTE: Any of the following will disarm an untriggered system.
Unlock driver or passenger front doors with the key.
Unlock driver front doors by pressing UNLOCK button of keyless entry remote transmitter.
If remaining in the vehicle, turn ignition switch to RUN or ACC.
NOTE: Within three minutes after the system has been triggered, the horns and exterior lamps will shut off automatically. The system will then reset to an armed state and will trigger again if another intrusion occurs. However, the vehicle's starter circuit will remain disabled until the system is disarmed.
The alarm system will be activated if any of the following actions occur after the system has been armed:
- Opening either front door without first unlocking with door key.
- Removing luggage compartment door lock cylinder.
- Disarming a Triggered System
NOTE: Any of the following procedures will disarm a triggered system.
-Unlock driver or passenger front door with the key.
-Unlock driver front door by pressing UNLOCK button of keyless entry remote transmitter.
- Panic Alarm Activation
The personal security alarm can only be operated from the keyless entry remote transmitter as follows:
- Pressing the button marked PANIC on the keyless entry remote transmitter will cause the horn to sound.
- Also, the low beam headlamps and the parking lamps and rear lamp will flash.
NOTE: The personal security feature is controlled by the electronic door lock control processor. It is completely independent of the anti-theft alarm control module. The personal security feature can only be deactivated by pressing PANIC button again or turning the ignition switch to RUN or ACC.
Hope this helps,
Posted on Feb 07, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 06, 2017 | Chevrolet Cars & Trucks
Dec 28, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
May 06, 2015 | 2006 Hummer H3
Sep 01, 2014 | Honda CRV Cars & Trucks
Mar 26, 2012 | Chevrolet Cars & Trucks
Mar 21, 2012 | 2001 Chevrolet Impala
Mar 13, 2012 | 1995 Cadillac Eldorado
Feb 09, 2012 | 1993 Cadillac DeVille
Aug 17, 2010 | 1999 Ford Windstar
631 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: