Question about 2004 Pontiac Grand Am

1 Answer

I have a 2004 pontiac grand am gt i have a broken part on the rear driver side> it is a straight bar with 2 rubber bushings on each end and it helps my rear wheel move up and down.there are 2 of them alike on each side of the rear.the one on the driver side is bent and i need 2 know the name and/or part #.if u could be so kind to get back to me as soon as possible.THANK YOU

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 474 Answers

That part is called a SWAY BAR LINK it helps stabilize the car in cornering and should be replaced for optimum performance and traction.

Posted on Feb 06, 2010

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

What is broken bolt with bushing that fell out of front end of my 1992 grand am?

That's is really not a good description, but it sounds like a stabilizer bar link. Does this look like the part?

Aug 28, 2014 | 1992 Pontiac Grand Am

1 Answer

Suspension bushings

The bushing will be located at the ends of the control arms front and back Will be rubber in the end of the arms with bolts going through them.

Feb 10, 2013 | 2004 Pontiac Grand Am

1 Answer

2004 pontiac grand prix gt. humming noise while driving. Louder at 25 mph or higher. Changed front passenger side hub bearings due to when turning slightly left humming quiets. I stol have humming....

I change both wheel hub bearings when one goes

Doesn't matter what stabilizer does--- the bushings need
to be done-- so you say

Maybe you replaced the wrong drive axle

Put the front tires on the back to see what happens

Nov 30, 2012 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer


Broken strut, tie rod end/ tie rod, sway bar and bushings ball joint...have someone get a good look at this ...with safety in mind I wouldn't drive it till you have it looked at..NOT SAFE!!

Dec 27, 2010 | 1995 Pontiac Grand Am

1 Answer

Reinstalled front sway bar with new OEM end links and new rubber bushings both sides . it now clunks ... knocks r and r 3 more times and can't get it right

Have you inspected to see if it is possibly something else making the noise? Check and make sure that your control arm bushings are in good condition as they will clunk if they are worn. Also check to see if the coil springs on your front strut assembly are ok, if broken these can also make a clunk or pop sound. Did you loosen off the stabilizer shaft clamp at all?

Dec 06, 2010 | 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix

2 Answers

I have a 2000 Pontiac Grand AM GT and it fishtails

you mite have to change the shock on it or the swabar that mite for you

Feb 21, 2010 | 2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT

1 Answer

Blazer leans to drivers side. causing ireagular wear on tires.

That is pretty easy. You need to have a front end alignment done at a good shop. If there is something bent or worn out, they will be able to tell.
But it could also be the torsion bar is broken, or the rear adjustment rubber bushing for it is broken.
Is it bottomed out on one side? The torsion bars are instead of coil springs, and they spline into the lower track arm, and run towards the back of the vehicle, where the adjustment bolt is. Adjuster is slightly in front of rear axle.

Feb 05, 2010 | 1998 Chevrolet Blazer

2 Answers

1997 Pontiac Grand Prix feels unstable in the rear on bumpy roads

I had a 98 bonnaville that rode the same, turned out the pan hard bar was bent very little and in rain or snow it was a deat trap, new bar, all good.......

Jun 27, 2009 | 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix

2 Answers

2004 Grand Cherokee rear noise

have the rear sway bar bushings been replaced if not try that it should fix problem

Dec 15, 2008 | 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Answer

Front sway bar

Should be behind the front wheels and is mounted to the control arms and the body . Most have sway bar links on the control arms, but some are mounted with clamps.If it is broken or the bushings are worn it is easy to fix. Just make sure you tighten the bolts with the car's wieght on the ground or the bushings will squeak going over bumps.

Dec 01, 2008 | 1999 Pontiac Grand Am GT

Not finding what you are looking for?
2004 Pontiac Grand Am Logo

160 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Pontiac Experts


Level 3 Expert

75822 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22156 Answers

Jeff Turcotte
Jeff Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

8202 Answers

Are you a Pontiac Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides