Question about 2000 Chevrolet Corvette
They light up when unlocking doors with key fob. I changed the relay in fuse box and tested the switch on the 6 speed transmission.
Go to the Brake Light Switch located on the rear side of the Brake Pedal Arm.
Test this Switch by pushing the plunger in and check to see if you have Brake Lights. If you do have brake lights then the switch is good. Most of these plungers can be adjusted out or in to make a good connection. with the Brake Pedal Arm to activate the brakes.
If you do not have brake lights when you depress the plunger:
Remove the switch from the support arm.
Disconnect the electrical connection.
Check for Voltage.
If you have Voltage: replace the Switch.
If you do not have Voltage then recheck the Fuses and Relays.
Let me know if this worked or if you have additional information or questions. Feel free to contact me at FixYa.com!
Posted on Feb 06, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 19, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 04, 2015 | 2000 Toyota Avalon
Dec 08, 2012 | 2010 Kia Sedona
Mar 26, 2017 | 2002 Volvo V70
2. Remove RADIO fuse from fuse box. Fuse will be number 17 and located at LH side of instrument panel.
3. Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 3 times within 5 seconds ending in the RUN position. Off is the position where you can remove your key and Run is the position shy of starting your vehicle (do not crank engine or start vehicle). Be sure you are turning the key from off to run quickly.
4. Doors will Lock and Unlock indicating entry into programming mode.
5. Hold Lock and Unlock at the same time on first remote for approximately 15 seconds. Vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking doors indicating successful programming.
6. Repeat step 5 for each additional remote including working remotes.
7. Switch ignition off. Replace RADIO fuse. Test all remotes.
Nov 12, 2011 | 2000 Pontiac Firebird
May 23, 2011 | 2005 Nissan Murano
Oct 30, 2009 | 1998 Land Rover Range Rover
Mar 25, 2009 | 2000 Volkswagen GTI
123 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: