Question about Chevrolet Camaro
Here you go! You have to remove the catalytic converter. Some might take a gasket, they cost like 3.99, if needed.
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Raise and safely support the vehicle.
3. Remove the catalytic converter.
4. For the 3.8L engine, remove the starter shield by unfastening the shield bolts/screws and nut attaching the shield to the engine.
5. Unfasten the starter motor bolt/screw and stud from the starter and support the starter while you tag and detach or unscrew the wiring from the starter.
6. Lower the starter motor from the engine.
1. Position the starter and attach the electrical connections, as tagged during removal. Tighten the starter solenoid "BAT" terminal nut to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm) and the "S" terminal nut to 18 inch lbs. (2 Nm).
2. Install the starter motor bolt/screw and stud attaching the starter motor to the engine. Tighten the starter motor bolt/screw to 35 ft. lbs. (47 Nm) and the stud to 33 ft. lbs. (45 Nm).
If you took shim out when removing the starter, replace them, unless stamped on the new starter to not use shims.
1. Check the starter pinion-to-flywheel clearance and add shims, if necessary.
2. Install the catalytic converter.
3. If equipped with the 3.8L engine, install the starter shield and secure with the retaining nuts. Tighten the top bolt/screw to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm), the bottom bolt/screw to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm) and the starter shield nut to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
4. Carefully lower the vehicle.
5. Connect the negative battery cable. Tighten the cable nut to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
Let me know, if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on Feb 06, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 09, 2015 | 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Apr 19, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 11, 2012 | 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Apr 11, 2011 | 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Nov 19, 2010 | 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Jan 17, 2010 | 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Nov 01, 2009 | 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Sep 23, 2009 | 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Aug 12, 2009 | 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Aug 20, 2017 | Chevrolet Astro Cars & Trucks
21 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: