Question about 2000 Oldsmobile Alero
Usually there are a few screws holding it on and some plastic clips you may need a tool most parts stores sell for removing door panels. sounds like you may have a stripped gear in the motor
Posted on Feb 09, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1, Disconnect the able from negative terminal of the battery.
2. Pry the courtesy light from the door trim and disconnect the wire connector..
3. Remove all door trim panel retaining screws and door pull armrest assemblies.
4. Remove the door switch panel and the control switch panel and the control switch assembly.
5. On models with memory seats/mirrors, use small-flat bladed pry tool to remove and disconnect the wire.
6. Grasp the trim panel lift up and pull out to detach it from the door. Disconnect the inner door handle lock rod from the handle. Unplug any electrical connectors remaining and remove the door panel.
7. To install, connect the wire harness connectors and place the panel in position in the door. Press the trim panel down into place until the hooks are seated.
8. Install the armrest/door pulls, the courtesy light and the window switch'
9. Reconnect the battery
Also. You will need star pattern drivers to remove the window and motor from your door. If you have all the equipment it should only take you 1 hour.
Posted on Jan 15, 2009
first remove the tweeter speker if equipped this comes off easily by gently prying from behind, then remove the small panel behind pull handle you"ll find a screw behind it\remove that,the next part is a little tricky the door grip needs to come off to achieve this place a small flat screwdriver at the top of the handle and pry forward the turn handle counterclockwise and this will release it from the clips you"ll then find 2 screws one at the top other at the bottom of door grip remove those and then gently pry from the bottom of the door panel to release the retaining clips thats it
Posted on Jul 14, 2009
durangos have many problems with the windows motors and regulators, I know for personal experience , because I have one, ...when you try rolling the windows down do you hear any noise coming from inside the door..if so.. the cable is busted ..you will need the windows regulator, if no, is probably the motor..you will have to check for power and ground right at the motor connector...if power and ground are present, then you need a motor ....in mine ,I pull the motor and cleaned , and they have been fine for more than a year, I starter with one and them had to do the same to all of them..hope this help
Posted on Aug 02, 2009
Several steps in here; review the KJ-2002-Liberty-Service-Manual-PDF-Secc-23-Body (page 128 and next).
I hope help you with this. Remember rated this help, good luck.
Posted on Sep 04, 2009
Testimonial: "THat information really helped thanks alot!!!"
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 11, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 09, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Jul 31, 2012 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Jul 17, 2010 | 1992 Toyota Corolla
Aug 10, 2009 | 1993 Ford Aerostar Extended
Jul 16, 2009 | 1997 Ford Taurus
Jun 08, 2009 | 1999 Dodge Durango
Jun 04, 2009 | 2000 Buick LeSabre
110 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: