Question about 2000 Ford Escort
2. Open the hood and disconnect the headlamp wiring socket from the
in-line connector. This will make it easier to change the bulb.
3. Remove the protective dust shield
from the housing by turning the
dust shield counterclockwise (when
viewed from the rear).
4. Release clip and disconnect the electrical connector from the bulb.
5. Remove the bulb retaining ring by
rotating it counterclockwise.
6. Without turning, remove the old
bulb from the lamp assembly by
pulling it straight back out of the
lamp assembly and replace.
7. Install the new bulb in lamp assembly by pushing straight in with the
bulb’s plastic base facing upward. Turn the bulb slightly to align the
grooves in the plastic base with the tabs in the lamp assembly.
8. Install the bulb retaining ring over the plastic base and lock the ring
by rotating it clockwise until it snaps into place.
9. Connect the electrical connector into the plastic base until it “snaps”.
10. Install the protective dust shield and lock the shield by rotating it
clockwise until it locks into position.
11. Connect the headlamp wiring socket to the in-line connector.
12. Turn the headlamps on and make sure they work properly. If the
headlamp was correctly aligned before you changed the bulb, you should
not need to align it again.
Posted on Feb 04, 2010
Testimonial: "Thanks! I knew it would be something simple but for the life of me, I couldn't figure it out. Thanks so much!"
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Click on the link below, Enter the year,make,model, and engine. You will get a page with a link to the diagram you need under the part number.
Posted on Jun 17, 2009
Under the hood - follow the wires to the back of the headlight assembly. Separate the connector and remove the lock ring around it. Coax the bulb out - it is held in with a rubber ring. Note the position - the new bulb will only go in in the same position. Replace the lock ring and the wire connector.
Posted on Jan 16, 2010
You have to remove the front bumper cover. Put the car on jack stands (the front) and remove the inner fender plastic. You'll need a long extension and a 10mm socket to remove the nuts and bolts holding the bumper cover in place. Once the cover is off removal of the headlight becomes obvious.
Posted on May 19, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 23, 2015 | Ford Escort Cars & Trucks
Oct 16, 2014 | 2000 Ford Escort
Dec 30, 2010 | 2002 Ford Escort
Aug 21, 2010 | 2003 Ford ZX2
May 14, 2010 | 2000 Ford Escort
May 15, 2010 | 2000 Ford Escort
Jan 16, 2010 | 2000 Ford Escort
Dec 25, 2009 | 2000 Ford Escort
901 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!