Question about 2001 Ford Focus

1 Answer

Ive got water pouring from the right hand side of the block when i fill my radiator. Its a ford focus saloon 2001 2.0

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 90 Answers

Hi !
When you sat "Block" you mean from the radiator block or the engine Block.???
Its easier to repair radiarors.
If its the engine block .... cleck if the water is leaking from the side wall or there is a drain tap that is not closed properly..... this is near the lower portion of the block on the right hand side .....if it is from the drain tap then you are lucky... just tighten it...
you will need to find the exact place of leak and block it with an industrial adhesive.
This usuall happens when you try to fill the radiator with cold water while the BLOCK is still HOT. The metal cracks.


Posted on Feb 01, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

I have an 01 f150 when I pour water in the radiator it's pouring back out between the motor and trans bell housing out of the dust cover does anyone have any idea what the leak is I figure a freeze...

If you never overheated the engine and it never froze, then most likely a freeze plug has failed. You will need to either pull out the engine or remove the transmission (easier) to inspect the rear of the block. About the only way to crack a block is running it without any water in it and super overheating the engine. If it is a freezer plug, then I would replace it with a brass one if available.

Aug 05, 2011 | 2001 Ford F150 Styleside SuperCrew

2 Answers

It overheated, smoking and water pouring

If water poured out you probably busted a hose or radiator sprung a leak. Sounds like that and a bad thermostat or water pump went out.

May 10, 2010 | 1991 Buick Century

1 Answer

I have a radiator leak on the right side of the engine there is a little block where hoses connect it doesnt seem to be a hose what could it be 2001 ford focus please help

This could be the start of a water pump failing. They usually leak small amounts as the seal and bearing begin to fail.

Feb 06, 2010 | 2001 Ford Focus

2 Answers

Where is the radiator cap located on the 2001 focus?

A 2001 Ford Focus does not have an outlet on the radiator for a cap. It has a de-gas type cooling system and what would traditionally be called a "radiator cap" has become the de-gas bottle cap. It is located on the de-gas bottle just in front of the passenger strut tower and behind the passenger headlamp assembly. Do not open this cap when the engine is hot as you may be burned by the coolant.

Feb 05, 2010 | 2001 Ford Focus

1 Answer

Leaking water from heater valve

yes the entire assembly needs to be replaced as a unit.  take your time in the replacement so you don't swap the hoses.t

Mar 18, 2009 | 2001 Ford Focus

1 Answer

Ford foucus letting water in right hand side of boot

I have the same problem and unfortunately, Ford service center did not solve it. But fortunately I solved it myself. The water is coming from the right side in my boot. I remove the plastic cover inside, right side of course, simply use a screw driver to remove the plastic lock, two or three of them. You will find an air vent, made of black plastic with rubber as the stopper. This is where the water comes in. Try to pour water in that side of your car to find out if we have exactly the same cause of problem. The water passes in the opening where your rear bumper and car body meets, and find it way through that air vent.

Dec 24, 2008 | 2005 Ford Focus

1 Answer

Not finding radiator cap on 2001 focus

to the right there is a clear plastic tank with yellow cap this is were
you fill it up and to empty the rad on the left of the rad at the bottom uses a 2p coin two unswrew a plug to emtpy it

Dec 21, 2008 | 2001 Ford Focus

1 Answer

2001 ford focus 1.8 diesel air con

it's under the hood check on the right side

May 21, 2008 | 2001 Ford Focus

Not finding what you are looking for?
2001 Ford Focus Logo

Related Topics:

79 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Ford Experts


Level 3 Expert

80668 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers


Level 3 Expert

5687 Answers

Are you a Ford Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides