Question about 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix

1 Answer

Metal rod that connects the rear driver side axle through the car broke. what is that part's name?

Posted by on

  • Timothy Grody
    Timothy Grody Mar 09, 2014

    There are a couple of them and people call them different things. If its anything like my 03 then there are 2 that run parralel from the wheel to the center. the front one is called the forward fixed( non- adjustable) track bar or spindle rod. the back one is the adjustable track bar. the fixed one is just a single bar with a rubber bushing on each side the adjustable one has end links that look similar to outer tie rod ends.



1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Pontiac Master
  • 14,036 Answers


Posted on Feb 01, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Where is the location of rear shock leveler

Put rear of car on stands, look at rear axle on both sides near shock lower mount. You should see a small metal link and rod which goes up to the switch.

Mar 02, 2016 | 2001 Cadillac DeVille

2 Answers

How to fix death wobbles in nissan patrol gu

check steering/suspension for loose/worn out parts and replace if needed. check tires for belt separations and replace if needed. if you have a steering damper check and replace if needed.

Apr 12, 2015 | Nissan Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Removing front axle from 01 ford focus. axle broke apart at rear boot, leaving part of axle in transmission. How can I get it out?

is the inside CV joint housing still there, or is it just the shaft with the splines left in the trans?

Mar 14, 2013 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Need to know if the brake lines going to the back brakes are metal and where they run such as wich side of car

Yes they are steel lines until they make the connection at the end of the axle. Then they change to a high pressure rubber hose to allow for axle movement as the wheels oscillate up and down as the roads surface changes. Just locate the master cylinder on the firewall in the engine compartment on the drivers side. Follow the brake lines down under the vehicle and to the rear axle(s).

Aug 27, 2011 | 1996 Ford Taurus

1 Answer

My 99 passat tie rod that connects to the wheel broke off (front passenger side) Would you explain what needs to be done the parts, etc......Does the car have an axle that is 2 parts connected in the...

you are looking for a tierod end this is the part that broke. take the nut off at the spindle(wheel side) and tap it out with a hammer. now for the part that is still on the inner tierod(middle strait bar) just unscrew the tie rod end (broken part) witch a pipe wrench and install the new one. ***do not loosen the nut behind the tierod end on the inner tierod or you will have to get a wheel alighnment***

May 17, 2010 | 1999 Volkswagen Passat

1 Answer

Need to know a parts name

If you are referring to the metal part the axle slides into,It's cold the transmission,If it is leaking around the shaft it is called the inner cv axle seal,But if something blew up,I'd let a mechanic physically look at it.

May 16, 2009 | 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix

1 Answer

Replacing my CV Axles

Hi, your axles on the metro are actually called half shafts, any larger name parts house can order them for you. Call them with the Make, Year, and Model and they will take care of you. you will need to tell them,drivers side or passengers side. Hope this helps!

May 06, 2009 | 2000 Chevrolet Metro

Not finding what you are looking for?
2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Logo

Related Topics:

41 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Pontiac Experts


Level 3 Expert

76164 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22156 Answers

Jeff Turcotte
Jeff Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

8273 Answers

Are you a Pontiac Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides