Question about 1994 Mazda Protege
1.u need to jack the car up so u can take the passenger tire off. align the crank timing mark to top dead center with the front timing belt cover.
2. u need to loosen the crank bolt with am impact wrench, or secure the flywheel and lossen the crank bolt
.3. u need a 10mm short 1/4 inch socket/or wrench inch to loosen the (4) water pump nuts.
4. i now recommend u loosen the alternator, u do not need to remove it.
5. if u have air-conditioning..i suggest u leave it on. remove the belt
6. powersteering can be loosened as well,
7. once u remove the crank pulley..u can take the 10 mm blots out of the timing belt/water pump covers.u will also need to support the engine(under the oli pan is ok) and remove the upper passenger side motor mount.
8. u will now see the timing belt. u need to remove it by loosening the tension pulley (14 mmm bolt) .u should make sure the crank is tdc. but u just need to make sure that when u re-install the new timing belt(whichu better do when u do a water pump)...,make sure the exhaust and intake cam shaft pulleys are aligned.(exhaust pulley is front side of car, intake is rear.)(e-for exhaust,i -for intake....they're aligned at center of each other (center of engine)now i must take a pee,brb in a minute. remove timing belt now
9. remove (5) 12 mm bolts from water pump. clean surface.
10. re-install in complete reverse order.i do recommend u use a black rtv gasket sealer on ur water pump gasket.(screw manufacturers statements on this use).
tart with taking your two belts off, remove motor mount, remove power steering pump, crank pulley,next remove timing belt covers along with tensioners. Remove valve cover. timing belt tensioner, now you have access to the water pump. remember your timing marks before you remove. When installing timing belt hold camshaffts with vise grips to align. installation opposite of removal.
see this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_QfsWd379A
Posted on Jan 31, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 14, 2014 | 1994 Mazda Protege
Jul 10, 2014 | 1994 Mazda Protege
Apr 10, 2012 | 1993 Mazda Protege
Jan 26, 2011 | 1994 Mazda Protege
Dec 02, 2009 | 1992 Mazda Protege
Nov 28, 2009 | 2002 Mazda Protege
Oct 26, 2009 | 1994 Mazda Protege
Apr 01, 2009 | 1995 Mazda Protege
1,158 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: