Question about 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue
My sincere apologies for the severly delayed response.
I am personally going back to answer your unanswered questions.
I do not know if you still need this information, however I am answering it in case you still do.
Click on the following direct Link. It has several Diagrams for your Belt depending on your engine size and options (AC/No AC etc.)
Standard Rules to Removal the Serpentine Belt with a Tensioner:
1. Find the Tensioner(s). (See Diagrams on Link)
2. Using a Serpentine Belt Tensioner Tool, Or Wrench OR Ratchet, Rotate/Move the Tensioner USING THE AVAILABLE NUT (on the Pulley or Arm Base) OR the OPENING (3/8ths or 1/2 inch square opening) rotating it\moving it away from contact with the belt and towards the area where the belt is not in contact with the Tensioner Pulley. The Tensioner is spring loaded, and is hard to rotate/move.
3. Remove the loosened belt off one of the other more easily accessed Pulleys.
Standard Rules for Installing the Serpentine Belt with Tensioners:
a. Pick a Pulley that is most easily accessed. This will usually be on top. This will be the last Pulley that the belt will go on.
b. Using the Diagram: Install the new Serpentine Belt on the remainder of the Pulleys....over, under, left right.
c. Using a Serpentine Belt Tensioner Tool or Wrench or Ratchet Tool: Rotate/Move the Tensioner Pulley/Arm "away" from Belt contact area on the Tensioner. This spring is pretty hard and with a new belt, it will be even harder to install. Rotate/Move this to as-close to the maximum allowed inorder to have enough slack in the belt to get it up and over the last pulley.
d. Using your other hand - Pull the Belt up and over the Last remaining Pulley.
e. Before releasing the pressure on the Tensioner, visually inspect the remainder Pulleys and the Belts' Positioning on them
Again my apologies...
Let me know if this helped, or if you have additional information or questions. Feel Free to contact me at FixYa.Com!
Posted on Mar 21, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Take your vin number to your local Olds dealer they can code you a new key. I would however only buy one there, take it to lock smith for extras they will be cheaper for duplicates.
Posted on Feb 10, 2009
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue
IGNITION SWITCH AND LOCK CYLINDER REPLACEMENT
1. Disconnect battery
2. Disable Supplemental Restraint System (Airbags)
3. Remove traction control switch from rear of center console plate
4. Open console lid and remove screws at front of console
5. Pull console plate up to release clips and slide over shifter
6. Pull rearward to release clips retaining instrument panel accessory trim plate to instrument panel
7. Remove screws attaching radio to instrument panel
8. Disconnect electrical connectors and remove radio
9. Take down instrument panel hush panels and disconnect courtesy lights. Remove hush panels
10. Remove knee bolster and knee bolster bracket from driver's side below steering column
11. Remove screws from IPC trim plate
12. Pull out instrument panel cluster trim plate to release from retainers
13. Remove trip odometer and reset switch from IPC trim plate
14. Remove IPC trim plate
15. Remove screws from IPC and pull IPC out
16. Disconnect electrical connectors from IPC and remove IPC from the instrument panel
17. Disconnect ignition switch connectors
18. Turn ignition switch to the ACC position and remove park lock cable from ignition switch
19. Turn ignition switch to ON position
20. Depress and hold locking tab on right side of ignition switch with a small, flat-bladed screwdriver and pull ignition lock cylinder from ignition switch
21. Remove ignition switch bezel from ignition lock cylinder
22. Remove screws attaching ignition switch to bracket
23. Remove ignition switch through the IPC opening
24. To install, reverse procedure
Posted on Apr 05, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 02, 2015 | 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue
Aug 27, 2014 | 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue
Jan 25, 2013 | 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue
Dec 23, 2009 | 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue
Dec 17, 2009 | 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue
Oct 28, 2009 | 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue
Oct 16, 2009 | 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue
Dec 04, 2008 | 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue
Dec 03, 2008 | 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue
629 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: