Do you know what a lighting control module is ?
Turn Signal and Hazard Lamps
The turn signal system consists of:
- turn signal miniature bulbs (13465)
- lighting control module
- multi-function switch (13K359)
- indicator bulbs in the virtual image instrument cluster (10849)
- circuit wiring and circuit protection
Turn signal system operates as follows:
- The multi-function switch is protected by fuse junction panel Fuse 3 (10A). This fuse is hot in RUN.
- Circuits 104 (LB/O) and 105 (R/W) connect lighting control module to the left and right turn signal switches of the multi-function switch.
- Ground is provided to the lighting control module and the turn signal miniature bulbs through Circuit 57 (BK).
- Turn signal functions are performed by double filament bulbs in lamp assemblies located next to the headlamps.
- The turn/hazard function utilizes the second filament of the appropriate bulb(s).
- With the multi-function switch in the right turn position, power is supplied to the RH front and rear turn signal miniature bulbs and the RH turn indicator in the instrument cluster.
- With the multi-function switch in the left turn position, power is supplied to the LH front and rear turn signal miniature bulbs and the LH turn indicator in the instrument cluster.
- Do you know what diagnostic trouble codes are ?
Section 17-01: Lighting, Exterior
1997 Continental Workshop Manual
DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING
Procedure revision date: 07/29/1996
Turn Signal Lamps/Hazard Warning Flasher Lamps
Inspection and Verification
- Verify the customer's concern by operating the turn signal/hazard flasher lamps to duplicate the condition.
- Inspect to determine if one of the following mechanical or electrical concerns apply:
VISUAL INSPECTION CHART
- Damaged multi-function switch.
- Circuitry open/shorted.
- Fuse junction panel fuses:
- 1 (10A)
- 3 (10A)
- 7 (15A)
- 13 (15A)
- 19 (10A)
- 20 (10A)
- 25 (10A)
- 31 (15A)
- Power distribution box Fuse 16 (20A)
- Bulb open.
- If inspection reveals an obvious concern that is readily serviced, correct the concern before continuing with Inspection and Verification.
- If a concern remains after the inspection, connect the Rotunda New Generation Star (NGS) Tester 007-00500 or equivalent to the data link connector (DLC) located beneath the instrument panel to perform DATA LINK DIAGNOSTICS test. If the NGS responds with NO RESPONSE/NOT EQUIPPED for the lighting control module, GO to Pinpoint Test CA. If the DATA LINK DIAGNOSTICS test is passed for the lighting control module, retrieve continuous DTCs and execute Self Test Diagnostics for the lighting control module to retrieve current DTCs.
- If self test is passed and no DTCs are retrieved, go to the Symptom Chart to continue diagnostics.
- If DTCs are retrieved, go to the Lighting Control Module (LCM) Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Index to continue diagnostics.
- If the lighting control module cannot be accessed by the NGS, go to Pinpoint Test CA.
Rotunda Service Bay Diagnostic System (SBDS®) 001-00001 may also be used to diagnose this system.
your best bet mite be to take it to a qualified repair shop. Unless you have a scan tool that can check for DTC'S an know how to use a wiring diagram an DMM - digital multi-meter to test electrical circuits .