Question about Hyundai Motor 2002 Sonata
The IDLE AIR CONTROL (IAC) valve should be clean and inspected.
A vacuum leak on the intake manifold or vacuum hose can also show the same symptoms.
IAC is a small motor that locate on the valve cover and near the end of the throttle linkage.
Use remove the electrical carefully and clean out the old grease.
Lube the worm gear with WHITE LITHIUM grease.
Vacuum leak can be on the intake manifold of the vacuum host.
Take your time and tighten each bolts by 1/8 turn.
Please rate me answer if it's useful to you,
Posted on Dec 11, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 09, 2017 | Kia Cars & Trucks
The engine control module (ECM) learns the idle position of the throttle plate to ensure the correct idle. Anytime the throttle body is cleaned or replaced, the ECM must learn the new throttle position. The idle may be unstable or a DTC may set if the throttle position is not learned.
Conditions for Running the Throttle Learn Procedure
• DTCs P0101, P0102, P0103, P0107, P0108, P0111, P0112, P0113, P0506, and P0507 are not set.
• The engine speed is between 450-4,000 RPM.
• The manifold absolute pressure (MAP) is greater than 5 kPa.
• The mass air flow (MAF) is greater than 2 g/s.
• The ignition 1 voltage is greater than 10 volts.
Important: Do NOT perform this procedure if DTCs are set. Refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code
(DTC) List - Vehicle.
1. Start and idle the engine in PARK for 3 minutes.
2. With a scan tool, monitor desired and actual RPM.
3. The ECM will start to learn the new idle cells and Desired RPM should start to decrease.
4. Ignition OFF for 60 seconds.
5. Start and idle the engine in PARK for 3 minutes.
6. After the 3 minute run time the engine should be idling normal.
Important: During the drive cycle the check engine light may come on with idle speed DTCs. If idle speed codes are set, clear codes so the ECM can continue to learn.
* If the engine idle speed has not been learned the vehicle will need to be driven at
speeds above 70 km/h (44 mph) with several decelerations and extended idles.
7. After the drive cycle, the engine should be idling normally.
* If the engine idle speed has not been learned, turn OFF the ignition for 60 seconds
and repeat step 6.
8. Once the engine speed has returned to normal, clear DTCs.
Mar 04, 2014 | 1995 GMC Sierra
Dec 24, 2013 | 1986 GMC C1500
Sep 09, 2011 | 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse
Jun 12, 2011 | 1995 Kia Sephia
Oct 08, 2010 | Isuzu Trooper Cars & Trucks
Dec 29, 2009 | 1996 Isuzu Trooper
Mar 25, 2009 | 2000 Nissan Xterra
Nov 23, 2008 | 1999 Ford Ranger SuperCab
430 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: