Question about 1992 Mazda 626
Code 17 on a mazda 626 1992 lx what does it mean
The OBD-1 two digits trouble codes listed 'code-17' as:
This means that the fuel and ignition systems performance are in need of attention.
1.Distributor Cap: remove the 3-bolts holding the distriboutr to its body.
2. Inspect the distributor cap for cracks, and the roror-button is not worn or broken.
3. Inspect the distributor-cap terminals are not corroded or charred. Replace if charred. Clean them out if corroded.
4. Check the distributor-rotor for cracks or corrosion on its tip, and lesser spring tension.
Replace as necessary.
5. Reverse steps 1-4 to re-install distributor cap. Be sure to remove and replace the plug wires from the old distributor-cap to the new distributor-cap one-by-one. If not, the engine would not run.
1. Undo the top clips holding the fuel-filter hose, and undo the lower clips also.
2. Take out the fuel-filter from its mount.
3. Replace the fuel filter as necessary.(please not the way it was mounted) Reverse removal for installation.
Posted on Dec 11, 2009
Testimonial: "great help"
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 18, 2018 | Mazda Cars & Trucks
Jul 02, 2016 | Mazda Cars & Trucks
Apr 09, 2010 | 2002 Mazda Protege
Jan 28, 2010 | 1999 Mazda 626
Sep 26, 2009 | 1995 Mazda 626
Aug 02, 2009 | 1997 Mazda Protege
472 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: