Question about 1996 Dodge Caravan
Your tranny is going into limp mode,
the computer is not seeing info from the speed sensor,or output sensor,or the input sensor.
if you have the van checked for codes it will tell you which one,none are too expensive
Posted on Dec 10, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Two forward gears only
Gear missing or slipping
No upshift or slipping upshift
Non-First gear start
Refer to First Gear Range Only - No Upshift .
Refer to Third Gear Only .
Refer to Second/Third Gear Only or First/Fourth Gears Only .
Refer to Slips in First Gear .
Refer to Slipping or Harsh 1-2 Shift .
Refer to No 2-3 Shift or 2-3 Shift Slips, Rough or Hunting .
Refer to No 3-4 Shift, Slips or Rough 3-4 Shift .
Refer to No Part Throttle or Delayed Downshifts .
Refer to Second Gear Start .
Feb 18, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
1-2 Shift Solenoid Valve
3-4 Shift Valve Bore Plug
Burned, slipping, missing
4th Servo Cover
4th Servo Pin
4th Servo Piston
4th Servo Seals
Rolled, cut or damaged
Slipping or No Fourth Gear
Slipping or No Fourth Gear Checks
DEFINITION: A large engine RPM increase is noted in fourth gear, Drive range, with little or no vehicle forward speed increase. First, second, and third gear operation are normal. Shifts into fourth gear are soft or do not occur. Fourth gear ratio is 0.705:1.
Automatic Transmission Fluid Level
Low fluid level
Transmission Main Line Pressure
Low transmission main line pressure
Oil Filter Assembly
• The oil filter assembly (100) is missing, plugged, or damaged.
• The oil filter seal assembly (101) is missing or is damaged.
Control Valve Body Assembly
• The 3-4 shift valve (362) or the 4-3 manual downshift valve (360) is stuck or binding.
• Debris is found in the passages of the control valve body (301) or of the control valve body spacer plate and gasket assembly (396)
Case Cover Assembly
Distortion or damage occurs at the manual valve (404) or at the case cover (401), causing PRN oil leak.
Driven Sprocket Support Assembly
A plugged third clutch oil passage in the driven sprocket support assembly (609)
Fourth Clutch Assembly
• The clutch plates (500-502) are worn, damaged, or misassembled.
• A missing or not seated fourth clutch spring retaining ring (601)
• A damaged spring assembly (602) or piston (603)
• Worn or damaged fourth clutch piston seals (604, 605)
Third Clutch Sprag Assembly
• The sprag (720) was misassembled or backwards on the inner race (661).
• A damaged third clutch sprag assembly (653, 661, 719-721)
Dec 06, 2015 | Pontiac Cars & Trucks
Oct 30, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 20, 2011 | 2005 Chevrolet Aveo
Jan 21, 2011 | 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jan 06, 2011 | 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Aug 09, 2010 | 1995 BMW 3 Series
Jun 09, 2009 | 2001 Hyundai Accent
Sep 16, 2008 | Nissan 300ZX Cars & Trucks
275 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: