Question about 2008 Chrysler 300

1 Answer

I replaced the rubber valve caps with chrome. The chrome caps are stuck on the valve stem. I broke the valve stem trying to remove the chrome cap. What type of tire sensors do I need?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 74 Answers

You can get a replacement sensor at the chrysler dealership but it will need to be programmed

Posted on Dec 09, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Can I fit valve stem seals without taking the head off on 1600 sentra 1997

No you can't..
Fitting valve stem seals involves removing the valve springs. This means the valve has to be held in place by a valve spring compressor (bought from almost any spares outlet). The springs are compressed by placing one end of the compressor tool on the valve face and the other end over the spring cap, then squeezing the tool to compress the spring, then removing the split collets that hold the spring in place, removing the spring cap and spring, then eventually you have access to the stem seals.
The head has to be removed to accomplish all this.

Mar 28, 2014 | 1997 Nissan Sentra

1 Answer

Siphoning gas

The fuel tanks have protective baffles in the fill stem and they block hoses from entering the tank.
There is an easy way to remove fuel. Two things you will need to do are Look up the fuel pump RELAY wiring in the Powerbox under the hood and buy a tire valve removal cap. Some tire stem caps made of metal have removal tools incorporated in the stem cap, inexpensive, Walmart or Kmart.
Why do you need a tire valve stem cap? To remove the stem valve in the fuel rail test port on the engine. Once this is removed you have an opening for fuel to come out. Remove the valve and slide a rubber hose over the stem and clamp it down. Around a 1/4 inch or 3/8 inch internal diameter hose, long enough to reach an empty gas can. Now you are ready to pump.
To pump, remove your fuel pump Relay. Look at your obtained diagrams of the Fuel pump relay Layout. Jump the 2 terminals. Maybe 27 and 34, Look for Yourself as Layouts differ. The fuel pump will pump when jumped.
I removed 17 gallons in about 15 Minutes with a blocked pump. Do this on a COLD engine. Outside, well ventilated. It works.
Suggest topics like-"Fuelpump Relay Bypass", "2000 Lincoln Town car Powerbox Layout". Or See Autozone Help section on Web after registering your car.
Tire stem caps will cost about $3 for 4 pack, fuel hose about $7 for enough. small clamp $?.

Jul 04, 2013 | 2000 Lincoln Town Car

2 Answers

How to change tyre valve stem core

Sometimes you can start turning them out (they unscrew) with a tiny flat blade screwdriver. Or you can go to a parts store and buy a small package of tire valve caps that have the two small prongs for removing valve cores. Walmart probably has them, too.

Jul 06, 2012 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Tire stem valve caps froze to the stem and cannot be removed. Any iea how to remove the standard caps ?

grab the stem with a pair of pliers then twist real hard. Or you can grab both the stem and cap each with pliers hold the stem and twist the cap

Dec 01, 2010 | Hyundai Santa Fe Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Replaced my tires and two of my tire pressure sensors snaped and now after driving for about 10 minutes or less the service tire pressure system keeps comming on, but when i hit the step buttom it goes...

It sounds like the problem I had - I had bought replacement valve stem caps (metal). When I went to take them off to replace the tires, they were stuck and snapped off. Apparently, the valve stems for the auto-pressure monitoring units are alloy and not stainless steel and the replacement caps reacted with them and got corroded and stuck on. Unfortunately, Jeep does not just sell the individual valve stems for these units - you have to purchase the entire pressure sensor unit for the wheel (~$200 apiece). I ended up replacing all 4 sensor units for the wheels, and will leave the plastic caps on them from now on!

Aug 13, 2010 | 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 Answers

Need to replace thermostat, and new radiator cap. Have any instructions?

Assuming you have the Northstar engine.....

The thermostat in the northstar engine is located at the bottom radiator hose (unlike most conventional cooling systems), the hose connects into the housing where you will also find the water pump.

You will need to remove the air filter housing and air duct to gain easy access to the thermostat.

Remove the hose from the housing,then remove the two bolts on the flange,the thermostat can then be pulled out.

Take note of the orientation of the thermostat as you remove it.

The thermostat in the Northstar engine is a duel action device.
One end of the stem is the Thermostat(obviously) and at the other end is a spring loaded pressure valve(the thinner end).
Make sure the thermostat end is nearest the rubber hose and the pressure valve end is in towards the engine.

Don't forget the new gasket when you install your new stat, you may have to order this separately.

There is no radiator cap.The only cap is on the purge tank and these are quite cheap to buy and easy to replace.

Jun 14, 2010 | 1996 Cadillac DeVille

2 Answers

How to release fuel pressure to replace fuel filter on a buick rendevouz 2004

if you open up the hood and find your fuel rail you should see a little cap just like what is on your tire valve stems. take the cap off and push the little valve in the center agian just like the valve stem on your tire. be vary carefull as fuel will spray out of this. that is how to depressurize the fuel system

Jul 29, 2009 | Buick Rendezvous Cars & Trucks

2 Answers

Tires mounted on Chrysler Chrome Rime go flat when cold

it is most likely the valve stems. take off the caps and spray some soapy water in them and around the base. if there is a leak you will see bubbles.

Jan 14, 2009 | 1999 Chrysler 300M

1 Answer

I need removing tier pressure indicator for toyota tandra

go to your tire stem.......
Take the plastic or metal cap off of the stem (where you add more air) then take a pen, pencil or your car key and hold the centre stem down and you will hear the air coming out.
Don't stand in front of it or you will smell like stale rubber air!!! lol
Take a reading of your air pressure and when it's where it should be replace the stem cap.
Good luck!!!

Jan 13, 2009 | 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

1 Answer

Jeep LIberty 2006 valve stem broke off

Just go to a tire store. They can resolve your problem quickly. A valve stem is a common item.

Dec 08, 2008 | 2006 Jeep Liberty

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

110 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Chrysler Experts


Level 3 Expert

83772 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22413 Answers


Level 3 Expert

814 Answers

Are you a Chrysler Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides