Question about 2004 Dodge Intrepid
Had same problem with car misfiring changed all four sensors and car works great now. Go to dodge for sensors.
Posted on Nov 25, 2009
I have 2004 Dodge Intrepid engine light still appears on dash board just took car through inspection now it gives a code and it says it is the fan circuit malfunction, now what do i do to fix the problem.
Posted on Nov 25, 2009
Start Small work to Big = Saved Money!
The Code(s) should be telling the specific cylinder(s) that are misfiring. Do you know waht the code is?
Target those cylinders 1st before testing the unaffected cylinders.
The following should isolate the problem(s).
1. Spark plugs - take out-reconnect back to wires and test spark plugs for getting sparks. If none: Don't replace them yet. GO TO 2. If the spark plugs are worn, dirty them replace them.
2. Remove spark plugs form end of ignition wires and test for spark from the wire. If none: Don't replace them yet. GO TO 3.
3. Remove the wires from the coil connection and test the coil for spark for each cylinder. If none: Don't replace it yet.
4. Test each spark plug and wires this way.
5. Coil Packs normally provide fire for 2-cylinders at the same time. The two are paired across from one another.
6. Test the coil for fire, amount of fire and if there is both cyclinders firing.
Misfire and the O2 Sensor got replaced??
Good Luck and get back with me if you need additional help or if this solved the problem.
Posted on Nov 20, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 25, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Jul 17, 2014 | 1998 Dodge Dakota
Sep 04, 2012 | 1999 Kia Sportage
Dec 14, 2010 | 2004 Pontiac Vibe
Jul 20, 2010 | 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee
May 13, 2010 | 1999 Jeep Cherokee
Feb 12, 2009 | 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee
252 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: