Question about 2004 GMC Sierra 2500
Is this a gas or diesel? Usually this is to protect an engine if there is a fault found by the truck's computer. It can be related to oil level, temp, or pressure. Could be related to the antifreeze. Check the levels. Also you said something about a headlight being dim. So You will need to check that Curcuit out as well. Could be related but a scan-tool would be needed to look a parameters.
Posted on Nov 19, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 31, 2018 | Kia Cars & Trucks
Feb 08, 2018 | Ford F-250 Cars & Trucks
Jan 05, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 16, 2016 | 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix
Oct 28, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 14, 2014 | 2000 Ford Focus
The engine control module (ECM) learns the idle position of the throttle plate to ensure the correct idle. Anytime the throttle body is cleaned or replaced, the ECM must learn the new throttle position. The idle may be unstable or a DTC may set if the throttle position is not learned.
Conditions for Running the Throttle Learn Procedure
• DTCs P0101, P0102, P0103, P0107, P0108, P0111, P0112, P0113, P0506, and P0507 are not set.
• The engine speed is between 450-4,000 RPM.
• The manifold absolute pressure (MAP) is greater than 5 kPa.
• The mass air flow (MAF) is greater than 2 g/s.
• The ignition 1 voltage is greater than 10 volts.
Important: Do NOT perform this procedure if DTCs are set. Refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code
(DTC) List - Vehicle.
1. Start and idle the engine in PARK for 3 minutes.
2. With a scan tool, monitor desired and actual RPM.
3. The ECM will start to learn the new idle cells and Desired RPM should start to decrease.
4. Ignition OFF for 60 seconds.
5. Start and idle the engine in PARK for 3 minutes.
6. After the 3 minute run time the engine should be idling normal.
Important: During the drive cycle the check engine light may come on with idle speed DTCs. If idle speed codes are set, clear codes so the ECM can continue to learn.
* If the engine idle speed has not been learned the vehicle will need to be driven at
speeds above 70 km/h (44 mph) with several decelerations and extended idles.
7. After the drive cycle, the engine should be idling normally.
* If the engine idle speed has not been learned, turn OFF the ignition for 60 seconds
and repeat step 6.
8. Once the engine speed has returned to normal, clear DTCs.
Mar 04, 2014 | 1995 GMC Sierra
Aug 30, 2013 | 2007 Honda CR-V
Feb 17, 2011 | 2003 GMC Yukon XL
Jan 21, 2018 | 2003 Saturn L-Series
255 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: