Question about 2007 Mazda MAZDA6
Here is the proper procedure,
POWER WINDOW INITIALIZATION PROCEDURE
1. Turn ignition to ON position.
2. From driver's seat ensure window lockout switch is NOT depressed.
3. Press window switch down to fully open door window.
4. Pull window switch up to fully close door window; hold switch up for two (2) seconds; release switch.
5. Move to front passenger seat and repeat Steps 3 - 4 on passenger window switch.
6. Mazdaspeed6 Only: Move to rear seat and repeat Steps 3 - 4 at left and right rear seat window switches.
7. Verify proper window operation using each door switch.
This was taken from a service bulletin.
Posted on Mar 02, 2010
It most likely is a problem with the BCM (Body Control Module) security feature. The best thing to do is to read through your owners manual about the battery changing procedure. Every manufacturer has a different procedure for re-teaching the various computers after a power loss. If there is insufficient info there, next and best move is to go to the dealer and have them advise you on how. (Try to avoid having them do it so you can save the $$.) There is a tool called a "memory saver" available for not much dough that will save you from this hassle in the future. Look for the inexpensive one that runs on a 9 volt battery.
Posted on Nov 18, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 21, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 12, 2017 | 1998 Chevrolet Camaro
Aug 12, 2010 | 2006 Mazda 6
Mar 19, 2010 | 2006 Mazda 6
Sep 18, 2009 | Mazda MAZDA6 Cars & Trucks
Sep 05, 2009 | 2006 Mazda 6
Jul 31, 2009 | 2006 Mazda 6
Aug 08, 2008 | 2006 Mazda 6
1,832 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!