Question about 2006 Suzuki Swift
1) With the vehicle jacked up and supported with axle stands, remove the rear wheels.
2) Using an old, thin, flat tip screwdriver and a hammer, remove the dust cap from the brake drum.
3) Using a 1/8" punch and hammer, tap out the lock nut indentation.
4) Using a 30mm, 1/2" drive socket and ratchet, unscrew the lock nut from the axle shaft.
5) Remove the flat washer from the axle shaft.
6) Ensure the hand brake is not applied.
7) Using a soft faced hammer, strike the outside edge of the drum repeatedly and all around while at the same time applying a pulling force on the drum. (This is best accomplished using two people and could take several minutes.) Be persistent!
8) Once the drum has been removed, tap or press out the wheel bearing from the inside out.
9) Clean and re-pack the wheel bearing with grease.
Posted on Nov 18, 2009
Testimonial: "thanks mate i appreciate the speedy reply"
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
jack up one side at a time without the ebrake on as that will engage only the rear brakes remove lugs and have a good hammer handy and tap on the drum until it will pull off
Posted on May 19, 2009
Removing the drum could be quite hard, if the drum have not been taken off for quite some time. Firstly, you need to check whether there are any bolts holding the drum.
Then, you need to strike the drum at its shoulder in order to 'pop' the drum out its place. To help with the process, you could spray WD40 around your drum before you strike em'.
Posted on Jul 01, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 28, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
May 01, 2011 | 1990 Suzuki Swift
Jan 08, 2011 | 2001 Suzuki Swift
Jun 21, 2010 | 1989 Suzuki Swift
Jan 21, 2010 | 1999 Suzuki Swift
Jan 17, 2010 | 1999 Suzuki Swift
Sep 02, 2009 | 1994 Suzuki Swift
May 19, 2009 | 2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Mar 06, 2009 | 1994 Suzuki Swift
Oct 09, 2008 | 1994 Suzuki Swift
May 15, 2014 | 2006 Suzuki Swift
3,414 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!