Question about 1999 Honda Accord
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: 1999 Honda Accord Coupe
See an example
DISASSEMBLY 1. Remove the suction pipe and the O-ring from the oil pump.
2. Remove the rear cover with the gasket and pins. 3. Remove the cam ring. 4. Remove the rotor and vanes. 5. Remove the front side plate.
6. Remove the inner and outer O-ring. 7. Remove the spring. When assembling, use a new gasket and O-ring.
8. Remove the pulley nut with the spring washer. 9. Pull off the pulley and the woodruff key. 10. Remove the snap ring using snap ring pliers. 11. Drive out the pulley shaft with the bearing. If necessary, use plastic hammer
Posted on May 30, 2008
1. Remove the 14mm bolt.
2. Remove the spring holding onto the tensioner
3. Remove the tensioner
4. Installation is the reverse.
I install a new tensioner with every timing belt job.
If you have more than 130K miles, I would replace the cam seals. Its extra insurance against future leaks.
Posted on Mar 22, 2009
You didn't post the size of motor so please use the one that is for you:
2.2L (F22A1) ENGINES
Install the timing belt, around the pulleys, in the sequence shown
Posted on Jun 30, 2009
2003 and up Honda Accord with 4 cylinder engines do indeed have a chain and the V6 has a belt which must be replaced at 110,000 miles. Why? Ask Honda, they designed the engines.
Posted on Aug 02, 2009
Testimonial: "Thanks for your clarification. Most helpful"
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 28, 2016 | 1999 Honda Accord
Jul 12, 2011 | 1992 Honda Accord
Jul 29, 2010 | 1997 Honda Accord
Jan 22, 2010 | 1999 Honda Accord
Jan 16, 2010 | 2001 Honda Accord
Dec 19, 2009 | 2004 Honda Accord
Apr 03, 2009 | 1999 Honda Accord
Jan 30, 2009 | 2004 Honda CR-V
Dec 07, 2008 | 2000 Honda Accord
Jan 24, 2017 | 1999 Honda Accord
183 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: