Question about 1998 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Heater Core
1) disconnectnegative battery cable
2) remove coolant reservoir
3) dis-connect heater hoses from heater core and plug holes in heater core, some coolant will drain out
4) remove mounting bolts and nuts on fire wall
5) remove glove box liner and door
6) lable and dis-connectheater controls
7) dis-connectand remove computer and mounting bracket
8) move radio antenna wire
9) remove kick pannel and un-bolt lower corner of dash
10) remove screws and nuts holding the housing inside the cab
11)remove the heater housing from the vehicle
12) detatch the core retaining straps and remove the heater core
13) installation is this procedure in reverse
I hope that this fixes your problem good luck and please take the time to rate this response.
Posted on Oct 17, 2008
SOURCE: 2001 Chevy s10 with no heat
If you are certain there is no air in the coolant system, then there is a chance that the blend door motor is not working or the heater control assembly is bad. since you have replaced your own heater core you probably noticed the the doors inside the heater core housing. One of those doors is controlled by the "hot/cold" knob. The motor on that door could bad.
Posted on Oct 21, 2008
it is located under the dashboard against the firewall of the passenger seat. i recomend buying a repair manual from your local auto parts store before attempting as it requires draining, flushing, refilling and bleeding the cooling system as well as removing many other componets like the entire dashboard and thermostat
Posted on Dec 01, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 16, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 19, 2014 | Chevrolet S 10 Cars & Trucks
Feb 23, 2011 | Chevrolet S 10 Cars & Trucks
Feb 03, 2010 | 1998 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup
Nov 07, 2009 | 1995 Chevrolet S-10 CA Edition
Jan 06, 2009 | 1996 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup
Jan 03, 2009 | 1988 Chevrolet Blazer
Sep 20, 2008 | 1995 Chevrolet S-10 CA Edition
Jun 02, 2017 | 1998 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup
250 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: