Question about 1999 Toyota 4Runner
Dear Stuck Alternator.....Yes there is a trick....pay attention....If you have the belt off already and the mounting nuts and bolts then we're almost there. There is a pressed spacer that helps to hold this alternator on and it does make it a little harder to get off. All you simply do is take a medium sized flat head screwdriver and pry on the longer bolt hole....it's going to swing sideways.....you want to pry it in that same direction.....will be fairly easy...get back to me if ya have any other questions...thx HOPE I COULD HELP!!
Posted on Nov 17, 2009
Testimonial: "Thanks alot...worked perfectly."
Hi assume it has not been changed since you have had the car if that is the case it could have been fitted using cealent you say wires and bolts are removed best give it a tap or try prising it
Posted on Nov 17, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 13, 2014 | 2005 Chrysler 300
2001 Lincoln Continental 4.6L engine
1. Disconnect negative battery cable
2. Drain radiator coolant until coolant has drained from overflow bottle
3. Disconnect overflow hose at bottle
4. Remove 2 top power steering reservoir bolts and position reservoir out of the way
5. Disconnect coolant level sensor and bottom hose from coolant overflow bottle
6. Remove retaining nut and bolt
7. Remove coolant overflow bottle
8. Remove drive belt
9. Remove 4 fasteners from top alternator bracket and remove bracket
10. Remove attachment bolts and alternator from vehicle
11. To install reverse proceedure
12. Fill radiator and overflow bottle
13. Bleed air from cooling system
Feb 26, 2011 | Lincoln Continental Cars & Trucks
Oct 29, 2010 | 1999 Ford Taurus
Jul 10, 2010 | 1993 Toyota Corolla
May 25, 2010 | 2007 Toyota Tundra
Apr 01, 2010 | 1994 Dodge Caravan
Sep 18, 2009 | 1999 Dodge Intrepid
Jun 20, 2017 | 1999 Toyota 4Runner
Apr 17, 2009 | 2001 Toyota Echo
Jan 20, 2009 | 1999 Dodge Intrepid
322 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: