Question about 2003 Dodge Neon
You will need a scan tool that can read live data and a scope module or oscilloscope. I have posted the factory troubleshooting process for that code, if you are able to follow it then you will find your problem.
Computers and Control Systems: Diagnostic Trouble Code Tests and Associated Procedures
P0340-NO CAM SIGNAL AT PCM
At least 5 seconds or 2.5 engine revolutions have elapsed with crankshaft position sensor signals present but no camshaft position sensor signal.
- Intermittent crankshaft position sensor signal
- Intermittent camshaft position sensor signal
- Intermittent wiring
- Intermittent condition
- 8 volt supply circuit shorted to ground
- 8 volt supply circuit open
- 8 volt supply circuit shorted to voltage
- Camshaft position sensor signal circuit shorted ground
- Camshaft position sensor signal circuit open
- Camshaft position sensor signal circuit shorted to voltage
- Camshaft position sensor signal shorted to 8 volt supply circuit
- Sensor ground circuit open
- PCM - 8 volt supply
- PCM - Camshaft position sensor signal
- Camshaft position sensor
Posted on Nov 17, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 07, 2016 | 2003 Dodge Neon
Mar 12, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 06, 2012 | Dodge Neon Cars & Trucks
Aug 13, 2011 | 2005 Dodge Caravan
Trouble Code: P0605
Internal TCM Error
PCM needs to be replaced, and then reprogrammed
Nov 04, 2010 | 2002 Dodge Neon
Sep 28, 2010 | 2001 Dodge Neon
Dec 03, 2009 | 2002 Dodge Neon
May 27, 2008 | 2002 Dodge Neon
Mar 29, 2017 | 2003 Dodge Neon
277 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: