Question about 1997 Isuzu Rodeo

2 Answers

Fill tube for the transmission location - 1997 Isuzu Rodeo

Posted by on


2 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that has over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 7 Answers

Hahaha..! Thats a funny response, but not a solution.

Assuming you're talking about the automatic transmission, there is no fill tube for your transmission. To fill the transmission, check the fluid level, or top off the fluid level, you will need a few different (non-traditional) tools. You will need some way to pump fluid up into the transmission from below due to the fill port being on the bottom of the transmission fluid pan. A bottle of transmission fluid (Dextron III) and a screw on fill tube from WalMart or Autozone can be used to fill the transmission with fluid.

Service to this transmission can be a fairly messy task. Operating temperature must be attained prior to fluid level adjustment. Once operating temperature has been achieved, two drain plugs should be located on the main transmission fluid pan. One plug is positioned vertically higher than the other. With the engine idling, remove the higher plug. When this plug is removed, fluid shouldn't flow from the hole profusely. If it does, then that's an idication that the unit is overfilled. If no fluid flows from the hole at all, then it may be an indication of a low fluid level. Use the desired devised method to pump fluid into the higher plug hole until fluid begins to leak from the plug hole. Once this occurs, then the plug must quickly be reinstalled.

It's messy and inconvenient; I know. Thank you to the General for the transmission and adventures with hot trans. fluid. Gee.., another good example of why Toyota passed ya up

Posted on Dec 01, 2009

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert that has over 500 points.


    An expert who has answered 200 questions.

  • Expert
  • 202 Answers

It's a sealed unit and does not have a fill tube. you usually have to remove a transmission line and fill it through the line

Posted on Nov 16, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Where is the transmission oil pan located on a 95 ford probe??

it fills through the dipstick tube, with engine running,

Apr 13, 2014 | 1995 Ford Probe

1 Answer

Where do i fill up my transmission oil on my 2002 grand voyager?

Open the hood and look on the passenger side of the engine towards the firewall and look for a yellow t handle that is the transmission fill tube, engine must be running to check the fluid level. Be sure not to overfill. Smell the old fluid and examine the color if it smells bad and looks near black you most likely have transmission trouble now or very soon,

Apr 12, 2014 | 2002 Chrysler Voyager

3 Answers

I can't find the well for the Automatic Transmission Fluid. I see the cap for engine oil, brake fluid and steering fluid but no transmission fluid. Please help!!!

You must locate the transmission dip stick. Look towards the rear near the firewall. It looks like the oil dipstick but larger. You fill up or add transmission fluid through the transmission dipstick hole.
Good luck and thanks for your question and I hope my suggestions help. burdfrenzy
Visit My eBay Store!

Jan 03, 2011 | 1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera

1 Answer

Where is the fill hole for 2005 cadilac cts transmission

I am assuming that the transmission is an automatic. If so, the fill hole is the tube where the transmission dipstick is located. Simply remove the dipstick and using a funnel, slowly pour in the transmission fluid. not overfill the transmission.

Nov 14, 2010 | Cadillac CTS Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Locate where i can fill the transmission fluid

you fill through the trans dipstick tube, use a funnel, put alittle in at a time and check till full. Van should be running while doing this. Also use the correct fluid recommended for this transmission.

Sep 30, 2010 | 1995 Ford Aerostar

1 Answer

Where is transmission fluid located? Where is stick to check?

Transmission fluid is located inside the transmission fluid pan. It is checked and added through the fill tube. The dipstick is located under the hood. You have two dipsticks, one for engine oil and one for transmission fluid. On some models, the dipstick for the transmission fluid may be located under the engine cover in the cab of the van between the driver's and front passenger's seats. If you simply cannot find two dipsticks under the hood, it's under the engine cowl.

Feb 23, 2010 | 1989 Ford Econoline

2 Answers

Cannot locate trasmission dip on my 2003 expolorer where is it located

This transmission uses a mini-dipstick located on the passenger side of the transmission, toward the front of the trans, and just above the pan.

Good luck dear.

Dec 30, 2009 | 2003 Ford Explorer

1 Answer

Cant locate where to put my tranmissin fluid

usually you fill them through the transmission tube that has the dipstick in it, just put a funnel in the top of the tube and add the fluid but check to make sure you do not overfill it
Hope this helps

May 27, 2009 | 2007 Toyota Camry

1 Answer

Fluid spewing out of Transmission Case

there is a small rubber hose located at the battery bracket. this is the vent for the trans. make sure it is not pinched or blocked.

Apr 30, 2009 | 1998 Mercury Mystique

1 Answer

Where to put in transmission fluid on my 2000 Honda Odyssey

You have a choice! You can use a small funnel and a narrow tube and try to fill through the dipstick tube hole or you can locate the actual fill plug and remove it to gain access to the fill hole. The plug looks like the top of a large bolt and is located on the top of the transmission aft of where the dipstick tube goes in. You will need a long funnel with a narrow opening or a tube to deliver the fluid into the hole.

Mar 28, 2009 | 2000 Honda Odyssey

Not finding what you are looking for?
1997 Isuzu Rodeo Logo

487 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Isuzu Experts


Level 3 Expert

76630 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22219 Answers

Thomas Perkins
Thomas Perkins

Level 3 Expert

14378 Answers

Are you an Isuzu Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides