Question about 1990 Lexus LS 400
idle air control valve is located behind the thermostat housing on the nose of the engine block. It is in line from right to left with the oil filler cap. There may be another air valve associated with the steering pump but it is not the "idle" air control valve (IACV).
the air ride pump is located on the passenger side front of the engine compartment under the air filter housing. You also have to remove the right front tire and plastic wheel well inner cover to get to it and the valve for the front shocks.
the air-filter is located
The air filter is on the passenger side right behind the passenger head under the hood. To access it you must use have a socket wrench and a 10 mm socket.
1. Go to the driver side under the hood near the battery.In front of the battery there a then cover that you must lift up. Once you have lifted this cover, there is a silver screw that is holding the air cover directly over the radiator.Remove the cover and then loosen the screw to take the center air cover off from over the radiator.
2. While working your way to the right, you will notice there is another cover on the passenger side. Remove this cover and you will then see the air filter. The air filter is big round and has a latch. The only way that you can access the air filter is by removing the 3 screws that hold stable to the air induction which is connected to the throttle plate.
3. Remove these screws with the same 10 mm socket and also loosen the lowest clamp on the air induction so you can take just the air filter housing out. You may have to move back and forth to wiggle out.
4. Once you have wiggled out the air filter housing, you can unlatch the air filter and then replace.
5. Then reverse the instructions to reinstall.
The starter is located in the block. You need to take the intake manifold off to get to it
for fuel pump and relay location click this link directly http://omgili.com/jmp/Mx2PHH_4C21ctwpM5gDXDFRUdU134o3brGoZyFeYld9iS6FS3Oj3CGURtqgfzxzYaxaaYYNmFFa5DITZrGa2.VW05BB51KkfOIG8H5LUKJY_9h78E4nh4Zgv5tu8TJKeSqjGl0QV24m9MvCl5ZFW_YKnuA.Ol1MyrkV8QrrrpGOFEY8qb9JTHy9S8FccRAr6lolsQFVR1e5V0Y7XKhu0YJ778j.WjCIfIDKKoy2RIF0R_ZNzt5CcqhI0IeLjD5PR in the link check out the pictures of the fuel pump and relay in the lower end of the page.
This will help. Thanks please keep updated.please do rate the solution positively .thank you for using fixya.
Posted on Nov 18, 2009
You can get the kit from a place like this:
As far as being able to tell what part is bad... are you extremely mechanically inclined and have repaired cars before? If you know how to replace the suspension I would imagine you would know how to make sure the actuators are bad.
Posted on Nov 16, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 30, 2012 | 1992 Lexus Ls 400
Aug 19, 2012 | 1993 Lexus Ls 400
Jan 14, 2012 | 1993 Lexus Ls 400
Aug 27, 2009 | 1993 Lexus Ls 400
Jun 12, 2009 | 1990 Lexus LS 400
May 20, 2009 | 1993 Lexus Ls 400
Feb 15, 2009 | 1990 Lexus LS 400
Jan 08, 2009 | 1993 Lexus Ls 400
Jun 02, 2008 | 1992 Lexus Ls 400
126 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: