Question about 1994 Plymouth Acclaim
I did it twice and if you are fairly skilled it will take 4-6 hours, if you have the V6.
Here is the steps:
1. Move car to a place that can support a jack and engine stand.
2. Disconnect battery
3. Loosen wheel lugs on passenger side front tire
4. Jack car on passenger side to lift wheel of the ground
5. Put a block under the oil pan to support the engine
6. Block car frame on left side
7. Remove left front tire
8. Remove v-belt
9. Remove idler pulley
10. Remove and support air conditioner compressor
11. Remove PS pump if you have one
12. Remove motor mount on left side and vacuum / gas connections connected to mount ( mark bolts as to locations )
13. Remove metal plate on engine ( mark bolts as before )
Tricky bolts are on the PS pump (Remove them through PS pulley holes)
14. Remove 3 plastic covers over timing belt ( mark bolts as before )
15. Note timing marks on overhead cams and crank.If none, make some.
16. Ease pressure off timing belt tensioner
17. Remove belt and replace with new. Trick here is to make sure you get the belt notches lined up. Head cams will shift when you remove the old belt. Do not tighten the belt tensioner fully or it will not perform as designed, it should be snug but be able to move.
END... replace part is backward order and drive away !!!
Posted on Dec 16, 2009
Im assuming you have a 4 cylinder and the timing belt didnt break. if the belt broke you'll probably need the head repaired.
Posted on Nov 16, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 25, 2014 | 1994 Plymouth Acclaim
Jul 13, 2012 | 1993 Plymouth Acclaim
Aug 17, 2010 | 1994 Plymouth Acclaim
Apr 17, 2010 | 1992 Plymouth Acclaim
Mar 27, 2010 | 1994 Plymouth Acclaim
Mar 11, 2010 | 1995 Plymouth Acclaim
Dec 02, 2009 | 1994 Plymouth Acclaim
Aug 22, 2009 | 1994 Plymouth Acclaim
Apr 04, 2009 | 1994 Plymouth Acclaim
Jan 27, 2009 | 1993 Plymouth Acclaim
1,393 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: