Question about 2005 Mazda Tribute
Any parts store can help with information.
I will give you step by step too.
1. raise hood and remove oil cap
2. chock wheels so car will not roll backward over you.
3. place drain pan under oil pan and remove plug from bottom of oil pan.
4. after oil has drained out slie pan under oil filter and remove oil filter.
5. dip finger in quart of oil and rub oil on ruber gasket on new oil filter.
6. fill new oil filter with oil if it is not sideways when installed.
7. install new oil filter and replace oil pan drain plug.
8. install recommended amount of oil for your vehicle, usually 5-6 quarts.
9. remove dipstick, whipe clean, re-install dipstick, remove again and make sure sufficient oil is in pan.
10. note mileage so you can do it again 3,000 to 5,000 miles.
Posted on Nov 16, 2009
Changing the oil is really easy.
What youll need is: A new filter which can be purchased from your local automotive retailer, a pan to catch the old oil, some engine treatment to loosen any debris or deposits from within the engine.
Now you should find at the base of the engine a plug of some sort this is your oil drain plug, with the pan to catch the oil slowly remove the plug, REMEMBER: Car is to be off, simple i know but hey. Now let the oil drain for 15-20mins.
After your satisfied the oil is drained locate the oil filter for your vechile, remove it then replace it with your new one. Ensure it is tight to avoid leaks.
Now your ready to add new oil to your engine, only use the reccommended SAE mix for your vechile.
Once you have done this and check the dip stick for oil level.
Turn your car on let it run for 5-10mins to let the oil run through the entire engine.
There you have it your own personal oil change.
Any problems post it!!
Posted on Nov 16, 2009
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 10, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
on Dec 07, 2009 | Cadillac Eldorado Cars & Trucks
Mar 25, 2014 | 1991 Toyota Camry
Sep 24, 2011 | 2007 Pontiac G6 GT Convertible
Oct 19, 2010 | 2009 Pontiac G6
Mar 11, 2010 | 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer
Nov 17, 2008 | 2002 Pontiac Aztek
Oct 24, 2008 | 2004 Nissan Quest
Sep 21, 2008 | 1989 Cadillac Eldorado
Jun 23, 2008 | 2004 Chrysler Pacifica
257 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!