Question about 1997 Dodge Caravan
Just did my 2002 Grand Caravan today,
The filter will come with 3-hoses attached.
Use Safety Goggles to protect eyes from gasoline splash!
1. Disconnect Negative Side of Battery.
2. Depressurize the fuel system.
3. Jack up rear of vehicle. Use Jack Stands to support the vehicle.
4. Chock the front wheels
5. Use Jack with wood and raise up to the fuel tank (just to meet/touch) on the right side (midway portion) of the fuel tank.
6. Loosen and Remove 15mm bolt on middle-right side fuel tank strap-to-body.
7. Loosen and Remove 15mm bolt on rear-right side fuel tank strap-to-body.
8. Loosen and Remove the front 13mm bolt on the front fuel tank strap-to-body.
9. Slightly lower the jack - the right of the tank should begin to drop down 3-4 inches. NOT TOO MUCH: there is wiring connections you may damage!
10: Disconnect the body to fuel tank strap ground from the body.
11. On electrical connections:
a. Slide: Push/Pull back red connector lock.
b. Push on top of release.
c. Pull off the connector.
12. There are three fuel connections/hoses.
a. One on right side - towards the front.
b Two on the top of the tank on the pump. Note how far these are down on the white tubing connections.
13. The fuel connectors are quick connect type. At the top of the connectors are colored protruding tabs. Squeeze those tabs together and pull hose away.
14. If the colored locks remain on the tubes (not the filter hoses) bend the wings away from the tube and this will free them from the tubes.
154 The Filter is connected with a 10mm bolt. Unbolt and remove filter and hoses
When replacing: make sure you fully seat the hose connections. You should hear a click, and observe their position compared to earlier.
Before putting everything back together, reconnect the electrical switch and negative side of battery. Start van and check for leaks.
Posted on Nov 17, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 04, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 07, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 25, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 05, 2016 | Kia Cars & Trucks
Nov 21, 2011 | Chevrolet Lumina Cars & Trucks
Apr 13, 2011 | 2008 Ford Edge
Jun 13, 2010 | 2002 Kia Sedona
May 15, 2010 | 2003 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Jan 06, 2010 | 2005 Peugeot 405
Jul 01, 2009 | 1990 Ford F350
103 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: