Question about 2004 Suzuki Verona
Yes, it could be the thermostat, but overheating may also be caused by many other things. Ensure engine tune or other mechanical disfunction is not contributing to the overheat problem.
Replace the thermostat, but if overheating persists I suggest you carry out the following checks:-
1) Check coolant system is not leaking fluid due cracked/perished hose or hose fitting, leaking water pump etc,
2) Check engine cooling fan/s are operating as required when engine temp rises above cut-in threshold - check fan control relay is ok,
3) Check for collapsing radiator hose on suction side of water-pump when motor revs raised above idle.
4) Check coolant reservoir pressure cap is serviceable,
5) Check coolant system is properly filled - carry out any bleed off procedure specified to clear any air locks- (ensure heater core coolant flow is turned on).
6) Check condition of radiator core:-
i) for blockage of air flow to (bugs/grass etc),
ii) for core internal blockage to coolant flow,
Posted on Nov 15, 2009
Testimonial: "Thsnks I will do some checking"
Likely not the thermostat as they rarely go bad could be your water pump going bad you will see as it will leak coolant on the ground. also bad fans or radiator will not cause leaks just overheating. If you have heat its not the heater core so you could have a failing head gasket which is burning the coolant in the exhaust which is a worst case costly scenario. For parts I recommend these sites before you get repairs in the shop with high labor costs: http://suzukicarparts.com/parts/2004/Suzuki/Verona/S?siteid=214820&vehicleid=187313&diagram=F753030&diagramCallOut=9 or visit http://www.bestshoppinglot.com/
Posted on Sep 24, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 21, 2015 | 2004 Suzuki Verona
Nov 15, 2011 | 2004 Suzuki Verona
Jan 21, 2011 | 2004 Suzuki Verona
Oct 27, 2010 | 2004 Suzuki Verona
Nov 19, 2008 | 2004 Suzuki Verona
655 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!