rtm? no symptoms so i must guess, ill say , cant shift. and is not park lock out causing that.
want to read the manual or me to you.'?
ill guess you.
click 1996 to 2001
it replaces like all cables do
detach both ends and remove it. if clamps seen those too.
what matters is adjustment is needed.
some have 2 cables, one to gear box and one to ignition switch.
Chapter 21, page 150 states
(1) Shift transmission into Park.
(2) Remove shift lever bezel and necessary console
parts for access to shift lever assembly.
(3) Disconnect cable at shift lever and feed cable
through dash panel opening to underside of vehicle.
(4) Raise vehicle.
(5) Disengage cable eyelet at transmission shift
lever and pull cable adjuster out of mounting
bracket. Then remove old cable from vehicle.
(1) Route cable through hole in dash panel. Fully
seat cable grommet into dash panel.
(2) Place the auto transmission manual shift control
lever in "Park" detent (rearmost) position and
rotate prop shaft to ensure transmission is in park.
(3) Connect shift cable to shifter mechanism by
snapping cable retaining ears into shifter bracket
and press cable end fitting onto lever ball stud.
(4) Place the floor shifter lever in park position.
Ensure that the pawl is seated within the confines of
the adjustment gauge clip.
(5) Snap the cable into the transmission bracket so
the retaining ears are engaged and connect cable end
fitting onto the manual control lever ball stud.
(6) Lock shift cable into position by pushing
upward on the adjusting lock button.
(7) Remove and discard the shift cable adjustment
gauge clip from the park gate of the shifter.