Question about 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
I have a 2004 chevy blazer, I replaced the factory radio with one I bought off of ebay and it says locked on the display. How do I unlock the radio? The radios do not say RDS on them.
This is posted at: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Code_to_unlock_radio_for_Chevy_Blazer
1. Turn the ignition ON (The radio should display "LOC")
2. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds
3. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. You now have fifteen seconds to complete the next step.
4. Press the AM/FM button
5. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.
6. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05
7. Call 1-800-537-5140
8. Press 1 then # (pound). You'll hear "Invalid Code, try again"
9. Press 139010 or 106010 or 206010 or 202107 then # (pound). You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by *
10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then *
11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice
12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11
14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to "SEC". Your radio is now "un-locked" and usable.
If you fail to enter the correct code eight times, the radio goes into INOP mode. You have to wait an hour with the ignition on before the radio returns to LOC mode.
Posted on Feb 06, 2013
You have to take it to the dealer and have them set the code for the radio. Costs 45.00 dollars
Posted on Nov 14, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 17, 2011 | 2004 Chevrolet Impala
Jan 22, 2011 | 2004 Saturn VUE
Jul 22, 2010 | 2004 Jaguar X-Type
Apr 05, 2010 | 2004 Chevrolet Aveo
Aug 20, 2009 | 2001 Chevrolet Blazer
Jul 02, 2009 | 2004 Chevrolet Impala
May 27, 2009 | 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
Jan 21, 2009 | 2004 GMC Sierra Denali
824 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: