Question about 1994 Dodge Ram
Castrol Syntorq® LT 75w85w full synthetic gear oil is the only factory approved lubricant for NV4500 transmissions. ATF is for automatic transmissions and approved manual transmissions. Drain and flush with the correct oil as soon as possible or you will be rebuilding again soon. The ATF will just cause the transmission to wear out faster and shift oddly in all the gears, it shouldn't have affected only 4th. I'd take it apart again and see if you missed anything or if something else in the transmission is out of spec.
Posted on Jan 05, 2010
Chrysler ATF+4 (ATE) -- Introduced in 1998, ATF+4 is synthetic and replaces the previous ATF+3 fluid. Used primarily for 2000 and 2001 vehicles, it can also be used in earlier Chrysler transmissions (except 1999 and older minivans with 41TE/AE transmission). ATF+3 should continue to be used for 1999 and earlier minivans because of the potential for torque converter shudder during break in.
do u have a good speed sensor signal?
Posted on Nov 12, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
1-2 Shift Solenoid Valve
3-4 Shift Valve Bore Plug
Burned, slipping, missing
4th Servo Cover
4th Servo Pin
4th Servo Piston
4th Servo Seals
Rolled, cut or damaged
Slipping or No Fourth Gear
Slipping or No Fourth Gear Checks
DEFINITION: A large engine RPM increase is noted in fourth gear, Drive range, with little or no vehicle forward speed increase. First, second, and third gear operation are normal. Shifts into fourth gear are soft or do not occur. Fourth gear ratio is 0.705:1.
Automatic Transmission Fluid Level
Low fluid level
Transmission Main Line Pressure
Low transmission main line pressure
Oil Filter Assembly
• The oil filter assembly (100) is missing, plugged, or damaged.
• The oil filter seal assembly (101) is missing or is damaged.
Control Valve Body Assembly
• The 3-4 shift valve (362) or the 4-3 manual downshift valve (360) is stuck or binding.
• Debris is found in the passages of the control valve body (301) or of the control valve body spacer plate and gasket assembly (396)
Case Cover Assembly
Distortion or damage occurs at the manual valve (404) or at the case cover (401), causing PRN oil leak.
Driven Sprocket Support Assembly
A plugged third clutch oil passage in the driven sprocket support assembly (609)
Fourth Clutch Assembly
• The clutch plates (500-502) are worn, damaged, or misassembled.
• A missing or not seated fourth clutch spring retaining ring (601)
• A damaged spring assembly (602) or piston (603)
• Worn or damaged fourth clutch piston seals (604, 605)
Third Clutch Sprag Assembly
• The sprag (720) was misassembled or backwards on the inner race (661).
• A damaged third clutch sprag assembly (653, 661, 719-721)
Dec 06, 2015 | Pontiac Cars & Trucks
Oct 30, 2015 | Pontiac Cars & Trucks
Feb 28, 2015 | 2002 Dodge Stratus
Nov 02, 2017 | Ford F-150 Cars & Trucks
Dec 30, 2012 | 1983 Chevrolet K2500
Jul 14, 2011 | 2000 Mitsubishi Galant
Dec 21, 2010 | 1989 Ford F 150
Nov 16, 2010 | 1994 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
Apr 07, 2010 | 2001 Ford Focus
Aug 08, 2008 | 1995 Toyota 4Runner
428 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: