a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Locate the programming connector located in the LH trunk. Trim may have to be pulled back to access programming connector. ( Connector has black/white wires leading up to it and it is not connected to anything.)
1. Enter 5-digit permanent entry code into the keyless entry keypad. 2. Within 5 seconds of pressing last button of code, press the 1/2 button. All doors will lock then unlock confirming you are in programming mode. 3. Press any button on first Keyless Remote within 5 seconds of pressing the 1/2 button. Locks will cycle to indicate succesful programming. 4. If you are programming more than one Keyless Remote (Including any exsiting remotes) Press any button on second keyless remote within 5 seconds of previous remote. Locks will cycle again to indicate succesfull programming. (If the keypad light goes out before all remotes are programmed the entire process must be repeated). 5. Press the 7/8 and the 9/0 buttons simultaneously on the keypad to exit program mode.
To program ( or reprogram ) a keyless entry remote transmitter into the remote keyless entry module, perform the following steps:
1. Turn the key to ON or ACC and short the two terminals of the program connector, a two-pin connector located below the driver's side of the instrument panel at the base of the steering column. All doors should lock and then unlock. 2. Press any button on each keyless entry remote transmitter in turn. All doors should lock and then unlock. If the door locks do not respond, press the button again (up to three times maximum with the same keyless entry remote transmitter). If the door locks still fail to respond, go to Pinpoint Test A. 3. Repeat Step 2 to program additional keyless entry remote transmitters into the remote keyless entry module (up to four keyless entry remote transmitters maximum). 4. Turn key off. 5. Remove the short from the program connector. All doors should lock and then unlock. 6. Verify that the keyless entry remote transmitters have been successfully programmed by pressing the LOCK or UNLOCK button on each one, and observing that the system responds by locking and/or unlocking the doors.
Do you have a keyless entry FOB. If you do replace the battery then program the system. Unlock the doors turn the ignition key to the "ON" position then press either the lock or unlock button of the FOB turn the ignition key off.Now turn the ignition key on again and press either button on the FOB. Turn the ignition off again. Do this 3 times. This initiates programming for the power door locks. Press the lock button of each remote one at a time to be stored in memory. this must be done within 10 seconds of each remote.
3 remotes max. Turn the ignition off and remove the key to complete programming procedure. then test each remote.
1. Move all Keyless Remotes out of range of vehicle. (10 to 15 feet) 2. Turn ignition key to the ON position. 3. Push the TRIP/ODO button on the DIC (Driver Info Center) twice. 4. Within 5 seconds, push & hold the FUEL INFO button on the DIC until the PKE light comes on and stays on. 5. Turn the ignition to the OFF position, but leave the key in the ignition. The PKE light will begin flashing. 6. Bring one Keyless Remote into range. The PKE light will stop flashing and stay on to show the code is stored. Move the Keyless Remote out of range. The PKE light will begin flashing indicating the system is ready for the next Keyless Remote. 7. If more than one Keyless Remote is being programmed, move the first Keyless Remote out of range and repeat step 6 for any additional Keyless Remotes. Up to three Keyless Remotes can be programmed. 8. To turn off the programming mode, simply remove the key from the ignition or turn the ignition switch on. 9. The programming mode will shut off after two minutes if. A) You have not programmed any Keyless Remotes. B) Removed the key from the ignition. C) After three Keyless Remotes have been programmed.
here's the instructions for a 97 TL - I hope they're the same.
Note: Entering the programming mode cancels all learned keyless remotes, so none of the previously programmed remotes will work. You must reprogram all of the keyless remotes once you are in the programming mode. You must complete each step within 4 seconds of the previous step to keep the system from exiting the programming mode. You must program remotes within 10 seconds of each other 1. Turn ignition switch to ON (II) 2. Within 4 seconds press the LOCK or UNOCK button on one of the remotes. (An unprogrammed remote can be used for this step.) 3. Within 4 seconds turn ignition switch to LOCK (0) position 4. Within 4 seconds turn the ignition switch to ON (II) 5. Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4 two more times using the same keyless remote used in step 2 6. Within 4 seconds press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on the same remote. Make sure the power door locks cycle to confirm you are in programming mode. 7. Within 10 seconds press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on same remote. 8. Within 10 seconds press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on all other remotes you want to program. Make sure door locks cycle after you push each remote button to confirm system has accepted the remote. 9. Turn the igniton switch to LOCK (0) to exit programming mode. 10. Test remote(s)
Try re-programing the system.
These are the instructions from the service manual.
. Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 5 times within 10 seconds, with the 5th time ending in RUN. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming mode. 2. Within 20 seconds press any button on first keyless remote. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming. 3. Within 20 seconds, press any button on second keyless remote. Door locks will cycle again to confirm programming. 4. Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.