Question about 2005 Honda Odyssey
1. Open the tailgate.
2. Look closely at the side of the brake light cover where it is closest to the tailgate. It is black plastic.
3. You will see two roundish looking outlines in the black plastic (not the two outlines in the plastic that is the same color as your van). There is just enough of a crack to slide a small screwdriver into the crack.
4. Pop the little plastic "doors" up to reveal 10mm nuts with Philips heads.
5. Remove the bolt/screw from each of the two holes. The tail light cover will be loose, but it will not come out yet.
6. Find something small to pry with. It should be plastic or you might scratch your paint.
7. On the side of the van where the tail light cover is flush (the far opposite end of where the bolts were), push a small tool (screwdriver?) under the edge of the cover and pry straight up. There is a peg that fits snugly into a hole in the van. The peg is attached to the tail light cover. With a small flashlight, you should be able to see the peg after prying it up just a little. The peg will pop out and that will allow you to change the bulb.
8. To replace the cover, start by popping the peg back into the hole, then replace the two screws. Finish by snapping the screw covers shut.
Posted on Oct 08, 2009
Need the recommendation for the small tool to pry with. I am using my small screwdriver with tip cover with scott tape.
Posted on Nov 22, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 24, 2011 | 2007 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
Feb 15, 2011 | 2002 Buick LeSabre
Jan 23, 2011 | Ford Explorer Cars & Trucks
Dec 19, 2010 | 1994 Buick Century
Oct 18, 2010 | 2004 GMC Envoy
Oct 18, 2010 | 2001 Chevrolet Impala
Jul 17, 2010 | 1998 Chevrolet C1500
Aug 01, 2009 | 2003 Lincoln Aviator
Mar 28, 2009 | 2002 Buick Century
999 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!