Question about 1999 Suzuki Vitara
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
cylinder bolt torque settings stage 1 15 ft pounds
stage 2 50 ft pounds
stage 3 85 ft pounds
valve clearences 0.15 - 0.20mm inlet
0.22 - 0.27mm exhaust
these are the figures i have been supplied with, you can also use
cylinder bolts stage 1 10 ft pounds
stage 2 50 ft pounds
stage 3 + 90deg.
with my exp, i would use the first guide as the degree method has a tendancy to snap head bolts, especially on older vehicles.
Posted on May 14, 2009
SOURCE: What are the valve clearances
For a 1999 Vitara the clearance is
intake (cold motor) 0.13 - 0.17 mm
exhaust(cold motor ) 0.23 - 0.27 mm
Apply engine oil to cylinder head bolts and tighten them gradually as follows.
(1) Tighten all bolts to 35 Nm (3.5 kg-m, 25.0 ft. lbs.) according to numerical order in figure.
(2) In the same manner as in (1), tighten them to 55 Nm (5.5 kg-m, 40.0 ft. lbs.).
(3) Loosen ail bolts until tightening torque is reduced to 0 in reverse order of tightening.
(4) In the same manner as in (1), tighten them to 35 Nm (3.5 kg-m, 25.0 ft. lbs.).
(5) In the same manner as in (1) again, tighten them to specified torque.
Tightening Torque (a): 68 Nm (6.8 kg-m, 49.5 ft. lbs.)
Posted on Nov 05, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 10, 2017 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Jan 06, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 10, 2015 | Suzuki Cars & Trucks
Jun 15, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 25, 2010 | 1992 Toyota 4Runner
May 12, 2009 | Ford Escort Cars & Trucks
Feb 20, 2009 | 2003 Lincoln Town Car
Aug 20, 2008 | 1988 Daihatsu Charade
497 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: