Question about 1993 Mercedes-Benz Mercedes Benz 300 Class
Is it complicated to change a water pump on a e320 mercedes benz
It is not complicated, depending on what hands-on level of DIY on car. Here are what need to do, so you can estimate how easy or hard when you look through your engine. Drain all the coolant, remove the thermostat housing, remove the fan, belt. Remove the water pump pulley. There are 4 bolts to hold the water pump in place.If you think you can take them out and put them in without removing the AC compressor then you can do it. I did it twice without removing the AC. The pump was fine for the second time, but for leaking seal. At dealer, it is easier to access from the bottom since they have a lifter. But it is doable at home. Have fun if you decide to do it.
Posted on Oct 11, 2009
1) Remove air cleaner assembly (for working space)
2) Remove radiator and fan shroud (both just clip into place) after removing water and transmission hoses. Cover tranny hoses with zip-lock bags
to keep out dirt.
3) Remove fan (4 bolts).
4) Remove all 5 drive belts.
5) Mark approximate location of distributor rotor button, then remove distributor (6MM allen wrench)
6) Mark the relative position of both the crank pulley and harmonic balancer in relation to block. (Once removed, they will only fit the bolt
holes one way).
7) Remove the 6 13MM bolts holding on the crank pulley. This will require the use of a mirror, as they are deep within the front of the pulley,
and surround the main crank bolt). Tap on the sides of the pulley and remove from crank.
8) Using pry bars at the top and bottom of the harmonic balancer in a rocking motion, work the harmonic balancer off of the crank. (Requires 2
people unless you are adept at playing "Twister")
9) Gently move the dip-stick slightly to the left (allows access to one of the water pump bolts)
10) Loosen the hose clamp on the short hose from the thermostat housing to the intake manifold, remove the thermostat housing bolts and remove
this housing and the thermostat.
11) Remove all 8 bolts to extract the water pump.
12) Clean off old gasket material from surface of block.
Posted on May 10, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 03, 2011 | 1993 Mercedes-Benz Mercedes Benz 400 Class
Aug 27, 2011 | 2005 Mercedes-Benz Mercedes Benz E320 Cdi
Aug 06, 2011 | 1993 Mercedes-Benz Mercedes Benz 400 Class
Jan 24, 2011 | 1993 Mercedes-Benz Mercedes Benz 300 Class
Sep 19, 2010 | 2005 Mercedes-Benz Mercedes Benz E320 Cdi
Oct 30, 2009 | 1993 Mercedes-Benz Mercedes Benz 300 Class
Apr 16, 2009 | Mercedes-Benz S-Class Cars & Trucks
Apr 04, 2009 | 1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class
1,366 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: