Question about 2005 Volvo S40
1.If you did not put spare bulb in glove compartment for emergancies (for shame!), buy H7 bulb (W-Mart is best bet). Should be about $8.00 each. The two pack is a better buy.
2. Open car hood. Behind the bulb is a black plastic "peanut butter lid" type of cap that seals the bulb in the housing. Unscrew this cap (1/16 turn) and PUT IT SOMEWHERE SAFE.
3. You will now see back of bulb. Pull off the power wire.
4. At top of bulb is a tension wire holding bulb in place. Unhhook the wire and it will hinge down out of the way.
5. Remove bulb (note its orientation) and discard.
6. Take new bulb out of package, but DO NOT TOUCH GLASS. Only hold bottom. Finger oils on glass will cook and reduce bulb life. Wipe glass clean just to be sure.
7. Install new bulb using same orientation as old bulb (it will not fit any other way) and re-latch the tension wire. Re-attach power wire (a dab of dielectric grease here would make for a professional job).
Get black cap from your safe place, note which part is bottom, and screw back on (1/16 turn).
8. Test the light, close the hood.
9. Put spare bulb in glove compartment so that next time bulb dies
Posted on Oct 06, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 04, 2011 | 2005 Volvo S40
Jul 09, 2010 | 2005 Volvo S40
Mar 27, 2010 | 2005 Volvo S40
Aug 20, 2009 | 2000 Volvo S40
Aug 07, 2009 | 2005 Volvo S40
May 29, 2009 | 2000 Volvo S40
Dec 15, 2008 | 2001 Volvo S40
415 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!