Question about GMC Envoy
Autozone sells the replacement if you need one for about $28. It is a Duralast #DR755 (link provided at the bottom) and is for the manual speed control, not the climate control or automatic types, though the procedure *may* be similar.
I did this job myself in less than 30 minutes with a flashlight and a few simple hand tools. You might have to get into a slightly awkward position to see & remove / reinstall the screws that hold the resistor pack in place under the dashboard however.
1) Remove the two screws from the plastic cover under the glove box & disconnect / remove electrical connectors secured to the cover. Set the cover aside.
2) Empty the glove box of the contents.
3) With the glove box open, push the clip on rear of the left side of the glove box out of the way to allow it to fall forward.
4) Remove the electrical connector from the blower motor located to the right of the glove box opening.
5) Pull the connector and cable downward tot he floor. There is a thick rubber band that may be holding the cable - pull it away to slide the cable out easily.
6) Close the glove box.
7) Look upward - close to the firewall to follow the cable removed in a previous step (a flashlight can help out here). It enters a plastic plate held in place with two screws. There is also a narrow electrical connector on this plastic part.
8) Disconnect the narrow electric connector by pulling it straight downward.
9) Remove the two screws that hold the plastic part in place.
10) Allow the part to fall / gently pry away from surface.
11) Reinstall in reverse order.
The link for the $28 Duralast #DR755 replacement mentioned above:
I hope this helps!
Posted on Nov 04, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 16, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 27, 2011 | 1992 Daihatsu Charade
Nov 12, 2010 | 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Oct 25, 2010 | 2003 GMC Safari
May 17, 2010 | 1995 Ford Escort
Apr 29, 2010 | 2001 Ford Focus
Jan 23, 2010 | 2005 BMW X5
Jan 17, 2009 | 2004 Chevrolet Colorado
292 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!