Question about 1988 Toyota Pickup

1 Answer

The fuse box under the hood has a wire that runs to the pos battery terminal that burned to connection in fuse box melting the fuse. Replace wire to bottom side of box horn,lights, etc work but charge light is on. What will it take to fix the situation.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 5 Answers

Take out the light

Posted on Oct 15, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Cigar lighter burned power line to fuse number 13 and damaged obd plug cannot communicate


For a temporary fix, you could run a new wire from the terminal for the OBD connector to another power source.

Jul 28, 2014 | 2004 GMC Envoy

2 Answers

Fan not working...my car is overheating


The fuses are located in the fuse box under the hood, but could be the fan motor too, check if you have power at the motor

Mar 28, 2013 | 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix

1 Answer

Had under hood electrical fire.replaced all burned wiring.have no power going to anything .


The fusible links probably fused or melted during the fire. They may be in wiring that looks totally fine but the copper wire elsewhere down the line that was exposed to the fire transfered the heat up to the fusible links and they melted. Look for them to be close to the battery, spliced into the main wires that go to the underhood fuse box.

Feb 13, 2011 | 1984 Nissan King Cab

1 Answer

I have a 1988 ford c6000 cab over truck with a 6.6 diesel that i drove a few days ago, park and now won't start. Batteries have power but nothing at the key switch. Don't have no power on interior,...


THERE ARE FUSES, LARGE & SMALL UNDER THE HOOD AS WELL AS UNDER THE DASH.
THERE MAY BE A WIRE OR SMALL CABLE FROM THE POS, BATTERY TERMINAL, OR FROM THE THE STARTER LEADING TO A FUSE / JUNCTION BOX UNDER THE HOOD. MAKE SURE ALL CONNECTIONS AT THE BATTERY & THE STARTER CLEAN & TIGHT. ALSO IN THE FUSE BOX UNDER THE HOOD, THERE ARE MAXI [LARGE] FUSES. USE A LIGHTED CIRCUIT TESTER, CHECK FOR POWER ON BOTH SIDES OF THE FUSES, [ POWER ON ONE SIDE ONLY THE FUSE IS BAD.

Dec 28, 2010 | Ford Transit Connect Cars & Trucks

2 Answers

I pluged my battery the wrong way (pos on neg and neg on pos) so now the car start but the lights the meters and a lots of electric stuff does nt work. I allready check the fuses under the hood onli one...


It is a pretty good bet that you fried a number of components, however there is more than one fuse block. Look under the dash. There is also a box that has relays and circuit breakers. Test these too.

Sep 03, 2010 | 2003 Toyota Corolla

2 Answers

I was driving down the road when all of the sudden i smell burning plastic.I pulled over turned my radio down stepped out popped the hood .I didn;t see any problems i cranked my car and my radio was dead...


arent you still under warranty?! check the positive terminal of the battery(common gm issue). check the wiring at the starter motor and look for burned wires. if there is consider the warranty. BY THE WAY, IF YOU HAVE HEAVY SMOKE AGAIN, DO NOT "POP" THE HOOD! IT CAN CAUSE AN AIR FEED AND POSSIBLY IGNITE A FIRE IN YOUR FACE. ive put out car fires in iraq. its not fun getting or treating people for burns. let me know if you need further assistance. cheers

Jan 20, 2010 | 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe

2 Answers

A wire, running from the hot battery post to what


You can but make sure you use the same gauge of wire or larger.

Nov 13, 2009 | 1995 Dodge Intrepid

1 Answer

Where is the front fan resistor unit?


Look under the van,on the drivers side near the radiator,it should be in that area.Follow the wires from the fans,they should go right to the module.This is for the cooling fans for the radiator.For the resister module for the blower motor look near the blower motor in the blower box.It is near the blower fan.It can be under hood,but it will be mounted with two screws.Remove the two screws,but you need to remove the wire plug in first.Pull it out .It goes inside of the blower box.If you replace this module,replace the blower motor also,because the blower motor is what causes the resistor to burn out.Did you check voltage at fuse with key on?If you did not check the fuse with key on,you got a false reading.If you checked the fuse with key on,look for a bad ignition switch,or a fusible link burned into coming off a pos. terminal post where the battery cable goes to under the battery.If the blower will not work at all even on high blower,the resister most likely not the resistor.The blower motor relay is most likely the problem.

Aug 29, 2009 | 2005 Dodge Caravan

1 Answer

CAR NOT STARTING


Start with the obvious, but sometimes overlooked things, and you may not need any car repairs. Check to make sure the fuel tank is not empty, or the headlights left on by mistake. Consult a car repair manual, if you need to, before moving on to the next step. Open the hood of the car and check out the battery. Clean the battery terminal connections; if they're corroded the battery won't hold a charge long enough to get the engine going. Remove any corrosion and tighten the battery cables. Examine the air filter; it's in a black plastic box to the right of the engine. If it looks dirty, replace it. Air filters cost less than ten dollars and all auto parts stores stock them. Check one of two fuse boxes located under the dashboard on the far left side, and also under the hood. If a fuse looks melted, that's a blown fuse, and it may be the answer to your problem. Take the melted fuse out and install a new one. Turn the ignition key to the on position but not all the way to start. If the dashboard lights don't come on, you may have a bad ignition switch. Broken, loose or disconnected wiring in the ignition system will cause the car not to start.

Jan 29, 2009 | 2001 Volkswagen Golf

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

213 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Toyota Experts

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

75822 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22156 Answers

Jeff Turcotte
Jeff Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

8215 Answers

Are you a Toyota Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...