Question about 2005 Dodge Ram
· Open the tailgate and remove the tailgate liner.
· Remove the ten bolts(5) that secure the tailgate cover(4) to the inside of the tailgate and remove the cover.
· Using a pencil,mark the actuator rod(3) at the control(2) for the latch(1) being serviced.
· Disconnect the actuator rod from the control
· Remove the two bolts(7 and 8) that secure the latch(5) to the tailgate(4) and position the tailgate check cable(6) out of the way.
· Remove the latch and actuator rod from the tailgate as an assembly.
· If required,remove the actuator rod from the latch.
You will have to remove the tailgate cover. The cover will most likely be held on by some of the tailgate metal access cover.
Posted on Oct 06, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 23, 2015 | 2010 Dodge Ram 3500
Dec 03, 2014 | 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Oct 25, 2012 | 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Nov 28, 2011 | 2006 Dodge Ram 1500
Sep 18, 2011 | 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Truck 2WD
Jan 13, 2011 | 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Nov 12, 2010 | 2006 Dodge Ram 1500
Apr 03, 2010 | 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Jul 10, 2009 | 1999 Dodge Ram
997 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!