Question about 2001 Kia Sephia
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: key fob will not undo
If you don't have one that works for the vehicle now, you'll have to take it to your local dealer to have it programmed to the vehicle. Some will charge for this, some will do it at no charge.
If you do have a remote that is programmed and working for the vehicle, then the following steps will allow you to program another remote:
1. Enter vehicle and close all doors.
2. Put seatbelt on (or clip it into the buckle) to shut the warning buzzer off.
3. Put key in ignition, turn to run position but don't start it.
4. Press and hold the unlock button on the working key fob and hold for 4 seconds, then also press the panic button.
5. Release both buttons and you should hear a single chime to indicate it is in program mode. You have 30 seconds after the chime to program any additional remotes you want to program.
6. Press and release both the unlock and lock buttons simultaneously on the remote you are programming. You should hear another single chime.
7. Within 4 seconds after hearing the chime, press either lock or unlock button on remote that you are programming.
Posted on Oct 16, 2008
SOURCE: i have a grand voyager
dont go through all the hassles of removing the door trim just take the terminal off the battery for about a minute then reconect again worked on mine good luck
Posted on Dec 20, 2008
Hi there, this is a very common fault, you need to replace the drivers door actuator to stop the noise, ive done loads of these. hope this helps.
Posted on Jun 07, 2009
Should be able to take it apart and take the battery out for 15-30 seconds or longer. Then put it back in. While your at it, you might as well change the battery but doing this will reset it.
Posted on Jun 12, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 09, 2016 | Kia Cars & Trucks
Jan 05, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 19, 2014 | Seat Ibiza Cars & Trucks
Jan 04, 2011 | 2007 Toyota Corolla
Dec 15, 2009 | 2003 Kia Rio
Jun 05, 2009 | 1997 Porsche 911
Nov 08, 2008 | Renault 181 Cars & Trucks
Jul 30, 2008 | 2004 Chrysler Voyager
Dec 26, 2014 | 2001 Kia Sephia
241 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: