Question about 1987 Nissan Pathfinder

1 Answer

Broken piece passenger side of front end broken shock

Have a broken part on the passenger side of the front end but dont know what it is called it ties the hub assembly to the frame when it broke it ripped the shock also has to holes for threaded bolts that thread into the frame?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Brigadier General:

    An expert that has over 10,000 points.

  • Master
  • 3,911 Answers

Go to a Datsun/Nissan dealer, find the parts guy. Ask him to pull out an illustrated parts breakdown for your year and model. He can find you the part number and name of your part, possibly even sell you one, but unlikely for that year. Call around to junk yards to find one with an old pathfinder or look around in ebay motors.

Posted on Oct 05, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I have a 97 Chevrolet Silverado just recently I had noticed my passenger front side tire leaning inward at the top and outward at the bottom. My shocks were already bad so those were changed as were the...

If your ball joints and shocks are good then you need to get the front end aligned. Repeated usage will eventually knock things out of line anyway, but worn shocks will speed the process up. so will worn ball joints.

Aug 31, 2014 | Cars & Trucks

2 Answers

When I hit a bump or a pot hole while driving my left front side makes this terrible sound as if 2 metal pieces are banging together, someone told me it could be my tie rod. Any more info is greatly...

make sure you dont have a busted shock or spring that would cause a sound like your hearing also these are easly checked just by looking under the front end behind the tire. if you can push down on the front driverside of the car over the wheel and it travels or moves up and down quite a bit that could be a bad shock. compare it to the other side.. i hope this helps

Jun 03, 2011 | 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix

1 Answer

Rattling under load only. Front end. Seems to be under the passenger side. It stops when 4wd is engaged.

rattle is usually a bad shock, or loose attachment on frame rail . look around pass side frame rail, check sway bar bushings also, see if u can wiggle upper shock cover .

Mar 17, 2011 | 2006 Ford F-150

2 Answers

Front tire on passenger side shakes when i hit a bump at 20mph or higher.

perhaps a leaked out shock might see an oily film on the lower half of the shock.....simplest place to start. If not that, then the front end should be checked for worn or broken component

Feb 17, 2011 | 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Answer

When I hit a bump on the passenger side front tire there is a rattling sound. There is more than normal wear and tear on the tire. Didn't know if a shock gone bad could cause the wear and tear on the...

Yes a worn out or broken shock will cause tire wear. But most likely you have a suspension problem. Need to check for play in upper & lower ball joints & inner & outer tirods.

Jun 14, 2010 | 2004 Ford F150

2 Answers

My 97 Lincoln continental vibrates at all speeds and there is a clunk when going over bumps on the passenger side. Any ideas?

Sounds like Ball joints are shot.When were they last checked/changed?Could also be tie-rods are finished.Again,do you remember last time they were checked or changed?This could be tricky if they let go at speed,get them checked.

Mar 23, 2010 | 1997 Lincoln Continental

2 Answers

What is the name of the bracket the spring sits in on 1994 f150 4x4 single shock frnt end bolts to the frame

If it's the part on the upper end of the coilspring, and it is a coilover suspension in front (meaning the shock absorber is mounted in the middle of the coilspring) then it is a called the shock top plate, and if it is a model where the shock absorver and coilspring are mounted one beside the other, then the bracket is called simply the spring seat. Although in both cases you can just ask for a spring seat for the front suspension and they will give you the right part and will know what you're talking about. If it is the part on the lower end of the coilspring, then it is called the control arm and is usually a one piece unit consisting of the control arm itself, the ball joints and the mount bushings.

Jul 27, 2009 | 1994 Ford F150 Styleside Supercab

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

106 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Nissan Experts


Level 3 Expert

79847 Answers

Phil Lovisek
Phil Lovisek

Level 3 Expert

726 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers

Are you a Nissan Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides