Question about Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Automatic Transmission/Transaxle: Service and Repair
1. Remove hood panel assembly.
2. Remove transaxle fluid level indicator.
3. Remove engine mount strut brackets.
4. Remove cooling fan assembly.
5. Install engine support fixture tool No. J28477-1, adapter tool No. 28467-90 and leg tool No. J36462 or equivalents.
6. Remove air intake duct assembly.
7. Remove vacuum modulator pipe assembly.
8. Remove transaxle assembly electrical connectors.
9. Remove transaxle range selector assembly from transaxle.
10. Remove upper transaxle to engine bolts.
11. Raise and support vehicle, then remove tire/wheel assembly.
12. Remove left front bumper fascia splash shield.
13. Remove front exhaust manifold pipe.
14. Remove steering gear heat shield assembly.
15. Remove steering gear bolts.
16. Remove front lower control arm assemblies from front suspension struts.
17. Remove power steering fluid cooling pipe assembly.
18. Support drivetrain and front suspension frame assembly with floor stands.
19. Remove transaxle mount side bracket nuts.
20. Remove engine mount frame side nuts.
21. Remove transaxle brace.
22. Remove drivetrain and front suspension frame.
23. Disconnect vehicle speed sensor electrical connector.
24. Remove front wheel driveshaft assemblies from transaxle assembly.
25. Remove transaxle converter cover assembly.
26. Remove starter motor assembly.
27. Remove torque converter bolts.
28. Remove transaxle oil cooler upper and lower pipe assemblies.
29. Install suitable transaxle jack.
30. Disconnect transaxle mount assembly from engine assembly.
31. Remove transaxle fluid filler tube assembly.
32. Remove transaxle to engine bolts and transaxle assembly.
33. Separate torque converter from transaxle.
34. Reverse procedure to install.
Posted on Oct 04, 2009
In order to access the reverse facing bolt closest to the firewall, one must remove the alternator. With it removed, the bolt was easily visible and accessable. The transmission lowered down nicely after that.
Thanks for contacting Fixya.com
Posted on Oct 04, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 06, 2014 | 1996 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Jun 29, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Jul 06, 2012 | 1996 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Mar 28, 2011 | 1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Jan 02, 2011 | 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Dec 02, 2009 | 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Sep 09, 2009 | 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Aug 01, 2009 | 1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Jul 10, 2009 | 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
228 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!