Question about 2005 Volvo S40
I have a 2007 Volvo S40 2.4i and I need to know how to replace the
engine air filter
Posted on Mar 22, 2011
NOTE: Perform the folowing steps only after your car has NOT been running for at least an entire hour. This is a safety step to make sure that your engine is cool enough for your body parts (hands, elbows, arms, etc.) that may come in contact with engine components whoch may be very very HOT if you try to work on them right after the car has been running.
1. Open hood ([a.] initial latch to unlock hood is under the steering wheel, down very low by the gas/brake pedals. [b.] next latch is under the actual hood at the front of the vehicle's hood/ towards the nose of car.)
2. Make sure that the hood is secured upwards, so you can work under it. (normally these 2005 Volvo s40 models have an automatic shock-spring-stick that will hold the hood up while you work under it.)
3. Look on the top/front of the engine, just behind the radiator -- you should see a thick plastic black rectangular box that has 2 phillips (star-tip) screws on either sides of it holding it in place.
4. Use a Phillips (star-tip) screwdriver to unscrew these two screws -- be careful to not unscrew them so far that they come out and fall down into the abis of the engine.
5. After the screws are unfastenned, gently pull up on the plastic box -- you will be sliding out this thick black rectangular box that you have taken the screws out of -- be careful not to pull the entire UNIT that the black rectangluar box fits into out of the front of the engine. This entire UNIT actually has wires and tubes going to ther parts that you don't want to disturb/unplug or deal with putting back together. (It''s a good idea to hold down this entire UNIT and just pull up on the think rectangular black plastic box that you have unscrewed already.)
6. It should give way slightly at some point, when it does just gently continue to pull it straight up. You will notice that it should slide right out.
7. Once it is out, you will obviously see the filter installed or snapped into it. replace this filter with the filter assigned to your car from the parts dealer. Once snapped back in place, just reslide back in the entire UNIT and fasten back down the 2 Phillips (star-tip) screws.
You're all done!
Posted on Nov 30, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 29, 2014 | Volvo S40 Cars & Trucks
Jun 19, 2014 | 2005 Volvo S40
Jun 30, 2010 | 2005 Volvo S40
Dec 20, 2009 | 2005 Volvo S40
Nov 12, 2009 | 2005 Volvo S40
Jul 17, 2009 | 2005 Volvo S40
1,419 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!