Question about 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Answer

I have a 2006 Grand Cherokee with a auto trans. I have a leak on the right side of the bell housing above the pan. It appears to be from the wire harness seal. My question is how do I change this seal?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Expert
  • 295 Answers

U replace the plug adaper it comes with the seal. If u have a NAG trans u have to take it to the dealer to adjust the fluid level. The plug is held in by a 7mm bolt use a 1/4 inch rachet with a small extension never remove the plug hot u will damage the treads!!!!!!. Use very low torque to install it does not need to be that tight.

Posted on Oct 03, 2009

Testimonial: "Great information. Only problem I had was not Knowing it had a roll lock to seperate the harness. Besides that help was perfect. Thanks"


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Where to find and fix crankshaft sensor on1994 jeep grand cherokee 4.0

sensor is located on the top driver side of bell housing for you transmission. held in place by 2 bolts with a wire leading to the engine compartment. no fixing it you must replace it. follow wire unplug it and unbolt it from the bell housing and replace it.

Aug 17, 2014 | 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Answer

Where is the input speed sensor on a 2006 jeep grand cherokee 4x4 We need to replace it and are having trouble finding it

On the as68rc transmission the sensor is located passenger side single bolt . just after the bell housing more towards the top of trans.

Apr 07, 2014 | Cars & Trucks

2 Answers

1996 grand caravan leaking trans fluid from bell housing i changed the seal at the front pump torque converter but still leaking

Here the thing you did the torque convertor seal but there is six bolts behind the torque convertor you take that out and remove the front pump housing, also the trans pan is famous for leaking all the time

Jun 08, 2011 | Dodge Grand Caravan Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Where is the cam sensor for a 2004 Jeep grand Cherokee 4.7 HO

The can sensor in most cases is located in the below mentioned position.The camshaft position sensor is located just above the oil filter on the right side (sitting in the vehicle) of the engine. But if in case you don't find the sensor there then,
In some model of jeep its located on the BELL housing. ON bell housing to locate the cam sensor:-- AS you stand in front of your JEEP .Head under the bonnet .Then exactly on the right side you will see a fuel rail .Follow the fuel rail and you will reach the bulk head. The can sensor is down there ON THE TOP OF THE BELL HOUSING.
Thanks. keep updated for any more can rate this solution and show your appreciation.

Jun 12, 2010 | 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Answer

Is the 4x4 trans on a grand cherokee differnt than the 4x4 trans on just a cherokee. Years 1994-2000

Grand Cherokee many times will have a Chrysler trans (depends on engine) "regular" Cherokee usually has an AW4 unit. The difference is obvious as Chrysler one is larger and has the reverse switch located above the left rear corner of the pan...AW4 has it on the passenger side directly across from where the shift lever is on the drivers side.

Jan 15, 2010 | 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Answer

1994 4.0 Jeep Grand Laredo Tramsmission Leak

I hope they didnt over fill it when they did the seal a few months ago..

Did the mech say what would cause the overflow ??

Maybe call a trani shop & get a 2nd opinion..
Ask them what causes a overflow..

Jul 09, 2009 | 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 Answers

1996 grande cherokee 4wd 6cyl. dies out while driving will catch up or cut off,will crank after sets awhile and runs fine for awhile.has back fired with flames from exhaust.replaced ign. coil,fuelfilter,...

it is you crank posioion sensor it is located between the motor and the bell housing on transmission on passange top bell hosing one the sensor get warm it internaly grounds it self

May 06, 2009 | 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Answer

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Reverse Lights do not work bulbs are fin

If this is an Auto trans, on the left side of the tranny just above the tranny pan is a switch. This is the reverse light switch, replace it.
The switch screws into the side and has a 3 wire connector to it.

Feb 03, 2009 | 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Answer

Coolant leak on 2004 grand cherokee 4.0

might be the thermostat housing to as its right above the water pump. the best bet would be to pressure test the cooling system and inspect to see where its coming from

Jan 18, 2009 | 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Not finding what you are looking for?
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Logo

Related Topics:

122 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Jeep Experts


Level 3 Expert

79186 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers

Kevin Daniels

Level 3 Expert

1455 Answers

Are you a Jeep Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides