Question about 1999 Oldsmobile Alero

1 Answer

1998 alero will not start for fifteen to half hour after its shut off

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 432 Answers

If there is a security light on in the dash then its a problem with the theft system.some times will start after 10 to 15 mins

Posted on Oct 02, 2009

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Long cranking issue


Your fuel pump is on its way out. I work with these things all the time. 99% of the time its the pump. The other 1% is the in-line fuel filter. Hope that helps.

Jan 25, 2013 | 1999 GMC Suburban

1 Answer

Alero security light.


if security light is flashing turn ignition switch to run position but do not try to start light will be flashing let vehicle sit for about ten or fifteen mins. light will stop flashing when it does start car you have just reset security system

Aug 25, 2010 | 1999 Oldsmobile Alero

1 Answer

I have a gmc 3500 deisel,it starts and run great but out of no were it just shuts off.at stop ligyt or highway,doesn't matter.wait ten min. and it will start again,run for fifteen min. and die again.i...


check the camshaft and crankshaft sensors. If they get faulty (typical in GM cars) the PCM would shut down the engine. Happened the same problem to me and solved it by changing the crankshaft sensor.

Jan 24, 2010 | 1998 GMC Sierra

1 Answer

Hi, I own a 2001 Olds Alero. Sometimes the engine


to reset the pas-loc turn the to on position 10 to 15 min.then turn the key off for a few seconds,then start the car/if your security light is on do this like i said for 10 to 15 minutes.the light should go off,then turn the key off and wait a moment then start it,you dont have to wait the 1/2 hour out

Dec 12, 2009 | 2001 Oldsmobile Alero

1 Answer

1998 chevy s-10


sound like fuel pump you put gas in it it runs.its not pump gas to the fuel system.change fuel filter if it been a while.check fuel pressure.

Apr 12, 2009 | 1998 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup

2 Answers

My 98 malibu won't start, it will rev and then stop when it's about to turn over. Already replaced the battery and it has gas. I don't know what else to do. It was given to me by a friend who told me she...


leave the key in the on position until the theft system light goes off about ten to fifteen minutes the turn the key off and back on again and try starting it. this should work. it is a problem with the passlock II system that shuts down the fuel pump

Mar 15, 2009 | 1998 Chevrolet Malibu

Not finding what you are looking for?
1999 Oldsmobile Alero Logo

Related Topics:

77 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Oldsmobile Experts

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

76070 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22156 Answers

Jeff Turcotte
Jeff Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

8266 Answers

Are you an Oldsmobile Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...