Question about 1996 Lincoln Town Car
I have a 96 Lincoln Town Car with the digital dash. Today the dash went blank while I was driving and I could smell something burning. Fuse 18 (10 amp) was blown. I replaced the fuse and it blew again along with a burning smell. Pulled down the cover under the dash and could not see where the smell was coming
from. Fuse is for instrument cluster, clock,A/C control module, radio, & diagnostic connector.
I temporaly replaced fuse with 30 amp; radio and A/C came on but could smell burning so I pulled the fuse. Dash did not come on. I can not afford another car. Does anyone ever had this problem. Thanks Bob
You can take the car to Autozone or Oreillys for a free scan.
If you happen to need a digital dash, you can get one at a Salvage yard. Since you mentioned burned wiring, your car insurance may cover some of the repair under fire insurance. Give them a call.
Most likely since the A/C and radio worked, they are okay. The failure could be the dash display.
Posted on Oct 03, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 09, 2016 | Lincoln Cars & Trucks
Dec 16, 2015 | Lincoln Cars & Trucks
Aug 11, 2014 | 1996 Lincoln Town Car
Nov 09, 2012 | 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited...
Mar 13, 2010 | 1996 Lincoln Town Car
Jun 07, 2009 | 1998 Lincoln Town Car
Jun 02, 2009 | 1991 Lincoln Town Car
Apr 29, 2009 | 1996 Lincoln Town Car
1,057 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: