Question about 1999 GMC Suburban
Wife noticed blower only working on high then noticed burning smell. Blower quit. Checked fuses, none blown. Checked voltage at motor connectors and had nothing. Ran power directly to motor and it runs. Removed control unit and switch. Switch and connector show signs of melting. Some wires appear to have been hot also. It appears that switch is fed power from harness connector. Probed wires and could not find voltage. Would like to verify wiring is intact before buying switch and connector. Does anyone have a schematic or color code that will help.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
you need to replace motor itself im sure on this you can find a used one on car-part.com i should have one email@example.com
Posted on Dec 24, 2008
that little black box is tha heater resistor block. power goes into it and comes out the different speeds what ever the switch is turned to. it sounds like all the resistor coils inside the block have blown, quite common on all cars.just to make sure the motor is still ok follow the cables that go from the block into the motor , only 2 put power on one of them and earth out the other one and the motor should run at full speed . if it does change the resistor block and all the speeds should then work. hope this helps.
Posted on May 02, 2009
replace the A/C control head... very simple to do. Pop off the dash panel and pull the control head out... unplug the 3 harnesses and there you go.
Posted on Jun 20, 2009
There is an updated resistor/connector package. Very expensive from GM, try your local NAPA or other parts supplier for a replacement
Posted on Jul 09, 2009
SOURCE: 92 jimmy blower motor wont run
I had this problem with my blower on the same vehicle. It was the blower it's self was bad. Cost me $26 to get a new one and now it works better than ever. You should try replacing the blower motor or at least test it be hard wiring it to the battery. If you get a responce from it then the problem lays between the blower and the switch. If you get nothing then replace the blower.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Mar 27, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 21, 2016 | Toyota RAV4 Cars & Trucks
Jan 21, 2013 | 1998 Buick Century
Dec 05, 2012 | 1999 Chevrolet Suburban
Oct 28, 2012 | Dodge Caravan Cars & Trucks
Jan 05, 2011 | 1995 GMC Suburban
Oct 17, 2009 | 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2WD
Sep 29, 2009 | 1999 Chevrolet Suburban
Jul 16, 2009 | 1999 Ford Crown Victoria
Jun 20, 2009 | 1999 Chevrolet Suburban
May 07, 2017 | 2004 Chevrolet Suburban
189 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: