Question about Suzuki Vitara
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Suzuki Vitara 1995 JLX
HI,, OK to open the bonnet or hood on a suzuki vitara.
Go on the passanger side open the glow box, in the uppper right corner you will see the knob to open the hood.
I hope this solve your question.
Thank for submit your question on fixya.
Posted on Jul 09, 2008
starters are normally located at the rear of the motor usually hard to get too or see. should be on your bell housing in other words just in front of the gearbox/clutch
Posted on Dec 23, 2008
SOURCE: cabin filter element location
Filter is located behind the glove box. All you need is a screwdriver to replace.
1. Open the glove box and empty to take the weight off the box.
2. On the right side there is a plastic hinge like device held on by one Phillips head screw. If you have trouble removing with a Phillips screwdriver you can remove with a narrow flat head screwdriver. Remove the screw and slide hinge off the mount.
3. To drop the glove box press the sides slightly inwards while 'forcing' it open beyond it's normal stopping point. Careful as when it releases it will fall wide open and may even fall from its hinged area. Set it aside.
4. Behind the glove box there is probably some fiberous material inserted to prevent noise like squeaking when it rubs. It is sticky on one side to hold it in place. Just remove and place out of the way.
5. Behind the fiberous material there'll be a cover which kinda looks like a grille. Mine was white and it is in the center of the opening. Remove it by releasing the clips at the left or right. It comes right out.
6. When the cover comes off slide the filter out and replace it. The filter lays flat and just slides in and out easily. However, if it has been some time since you replaced be prepared for a lot of debris on top of the filter such as leaves, grass or other general type of debris that has been sucked into the filter. It also may be the source of any bad odors that you smell through the air conditioning system.
7. Reverse the process. Replace the cover and push the glove box lid back into place. When you replace the glove box be careful to make sure the hinge you initiallly removed the screw from is not left behind the glove box or you will have to remove again to get it out. Replace the screw and do not over tighten as it screws into plastic and then your done.
Posted on May 07, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 04, 2016 | 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Oct 14, 2015 | 1999 Suzuki Vitara
Nov 08, 2014 | 1995 Suzuki Vitara
Oct 19, 2014 | 2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Aug 03, 2014 | Suzuki Grand Vitara Cars & Trucks
Apr 06, 2013 | 1995 Suzuki Vitara
Nov 15, 2009 | 1995 Suzuki Sidekick
Sep 02, 2009 | 1999 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Dec 23, 2008 | 2000 Suzuki Vitara
Jul 08, 2008 | 1999 Suzuki Vitara
123 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!