Question about 2002 Dodge Caravan
How do you "disengage" the clips around the door panel when removing the window regulator motor? Do you just pry the vinyl panel away with a flatbar? Found a similar problem on Fixya. Question was are the fasteners hook or pry fasteners. Answer - snap fastners. I'm assuming that means pry fastners, but don't want to break the panel trying.
The easiest way is to purchase a door panel removal tool for less than $10. You'll still probably break a couple of the tabs but the job will be much easier. Here's a picture of one:
Posted on Sep 30, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 21, 2014 | 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan
1. Remove the watershield. (Refer to 23 - BODY/DOOR - FRONT/WATERSHIELD - REMOVAL)
2. Remove door glass retaining clips and secure the window in the up position using masking tape or equivalent(FRONT DOOR GLASS CLIPS).
3. Disconnect wire connector from power window motor, if equipped.
4. Loosen screws attaching front and rear window guide rails to inner door panel (FRONT DOOR MANUAL WINDOW REGULATOR - TYPICAL).
5. Remove screw heads on guide rails from key hole slots in inner door panel.
6. Loosen screws attaching regulator to inner door panel.
7. Remove regulator from inner door panel.
8. Extract rear guide rail through inner door panel rear access hole (FRONT DOOR POWER WINDOW - TYPICAL).
9. Extract front guide rail through front access hole.
1. Insert front guide rail through front access hole.
2. Insert rear guide rail through rear access hole.
3. Place window regulator in position on inner door panel.
4. Place screw heads on guide rails in position through key hole slots in inner door panel.
5. Tighten screws to attach front and rear guide rails to inner door panel.
6. Connect wire connector into power window motor, if equipped.
7. Install door glass.
8. Verify door glass alignment and operation.
9. Install sound shield and door trim panel
DIAGRAMS CAN BE FOUND ON JUSTANSWER,COM
Sep 02, 2012 | 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan
Feb 02, 2012 | 2000 Dodge Caravan
Jul 23, 2011 | 2003 Dodge Caravan
Apr 07, 2010 | 1997 Dodge Caravan
Mar 24, 2010 | 2002 Ford Explorer
Sep 09, 2009 | 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan
Sep 05, 2009 | 2004 Dodge Caravan
Apr 05, 2009 | 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan
Feb 18, 2009 | 2002 Dodge Caravan
Oct 04, 2016 | 2002 Dodge Caravan
531 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: